I held and played with a Nexus Yesterday!! TRUE STORY!!

Big Ry

Reaction score
Promotional Boxes. The retail boxes are the red ones we've seen pictures of before, but I haven't seen any in person - they're all locked up together in the cases they shipped to the store in, and are being held in this store's inventory room. Cases hold 24 or 25 phones a piece, I believe. This store has 2 cases (I was shown the cases, but not inside them - which would be the actual phone boxes), and the store manager seems confident they will receive a minimum of 2 more cases in the next 7 days. Essentially, this store, an A store (largest volume - a "Flagship" store) is expecting to have 100 phones to sell on/around launch day. Still no word on launch date. That bodes well... 100 phones is a lot of phones to push for a single store, no matter the area/city/size.
So, have you been trained on the device yet?

Big Ry

Reaction score
There is a training available (and required) for VZW employees on Android 4.0 and the Galaxy Nexus.

Are there deadlines for completing these trainings? that might give us an indication of release date... Or at least intended release date. although the 9th seems pretty concrete as the intended date at least :/

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'd love to get a promotional boxed one. I'd keep the box and display it proudly

Reaction score
I wonder if I can trick one of my local vz stores into selling me one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

PhishyKris

Reaction score
perhaps the LTE outage today was planned?! It was nationwide and didn't last that long. I can't imagine it had anything to do with the impeding launch of this phone, but who knows. LTE has been back in LA now for a couple of hours so maybe they will get the green light again?! for Friday?

The other reason could be that 4.1 was not quite ready for prime time on Friday and they didn't want to have activation issues/complaints with 4.0.1.

GalaxyNexusLTE

Reaction score
Are there deadlines for completing these trainings? that might give us an indication of release date... Or at least intended release date. although the 9th seems pretty concrete as the intended date at least :/

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Store managers are pressured to have 100% training compliance at all times with their staff. Let's leave it at that.