I held and played with a Nexus Yesterday!! TRUE STORY!!

poooookah78

Reaction score
I'm in the U.S. Went to the Verizon Store inside of a costco/bj's/sam's club like store (don't wanna give too much away). I had called yesterday and talked with the guy there so I knew they had received them. I swear to you, the guy at the counter pulled one out of his pocket and let me play with it. Not a tethered demo, not a fake one, a real, working GNex. It was AWESOME. He said, "You didn't see this" as I handed it to him.

Screen is beautiful, it feels HUGE in your hand, but coming from the OG Droid it's way lighter and thinner.

Now, I know, there may be some who call this a fake or flame me for appearing to troll, HOWEVER. I swear this is a 100% true story, just thought I'd share it with you guys.

mjones73

Reaction score
I got a quick glimpse at a demo unit at my local VZW corporate store, one of the sales guys was checking it out. No working models though. They did confirm is was coming Friday so we'll see.

GalaxyNexusLTE

Reaction score
So do you know when it's coming? :D

No, but I'm at a VZW corp store, in the back room (employee area) and the store manager is in his or her office on the phone with his or her boss (regional president, not district manager). I know the RP by name (never met him or her, though) and heard the manager reference this person by their name directly.

It sounds like they're discussing some LTE network-related issues. There's outages in some areas, but I don't know the details of their conversation - I can only hear the manager on the phone, not his or her boss.

GalaxyNexusLTE

Reaction score
Is that just for the demo units? Or will that be the retail packaging as well?

Promotional Boxes. The retail boxes are the red ones we've seen pictures of before, but I haven't seen any in person - they're all locked up together in the cases they shipped to the store in, and are being held in this store's inventory room. Cases hold 24 or 25 phones a piece, I believe. This store has 2 cases (I was shown the cases, but not inside them - which would be the actual phone boxes), and the store manager seems confident they will receive a minimum of 2 more cases in the next 7 days. Essentially, this store, an A store (largest volume - a "Flagship" store) is expecting to have 100 phones to sell on/around launch day. Still no word on launch date. That bodes well... 100 phones is a lot of phones to push for a single store, no matter the area/city/size.