I hate to be this guy but...

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
Have any of you tried one the swype update.zips yet? I can't live without the white themed swype which is why I am still using gummyjar.

i tried using the swype method a few times and just couldn't get used to it. I'm still a typer, lol

Darkside86

Reaction score
Sorry if that was confusing.lol

What i'm saying is, INSTEAD of going back and backing up your apps then flashing the GB leak again, you SHOULD just find all the apps that you had on your phone and just download them all again. ya it's a pain to have to find all the apps you want again, but it's even more of a pain (in my opinion) to go back and have to install the GB leak all over again just so you can get back the apps that didn't come back from the market. Make sense?

Another words: STAY ON GB AND DOWNLOAD ALL YOUR APPS OVER AGAIN!:)

haha, i got ya. and then run the Titanium backup and save to SD?

my next thing is figuring out what all I can do. figuring out this superuser stuff n all

Bingo!

Pretty much the best thing about root and such is:
Ability to Overclock your phone (Jrummy's Droid Overclock App)
Ability to install custom Roms (I'm running Rubix BlurryBread)
Ability to remove all the bloatware apps (blockbuster, NFS shift, etc..) to make your phone quicker.
Ability to install custom themes on your phone to customize it even more (I'm running Black Rain)
Ability to backup your phone and apps, that way you can switch things up if you get bored, or live with peace of mind knowing if you mess up, you can just restore your backup
Ability to download root only apps (titanium backup, wireless tether, etc..)

Those are just some that i can think of off the top of my head

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
Sorry if that was confusing.lol

What i'm saying is, INSTEAD of going back and backing up your apps then flashing the GB leak again, you SHOULD just find all the apps that you had on your phone and just download them all again. ya it's a pain to have to find all the apps you want again, but it's even more of a pain (in my opinion) to go back and have to install the GB leak all over again just so you can get back the apps that didn't come back from the market. Make sense?

Another words: STAY ON GB AND DOWNLOAD ALL YOUR APPS OVER AGAIN!:)

my next thing is figuring out what all I can do. figuring out this superuser stuff n all

Bingo!

Ability to remove all the bloatware apps (blockbuster, NFS shift, etc..) to make your phone quicker.
Ability to install custom themes on your phone to customize it even more (I'm running Black Rain)
Ability to backup your phone and apps, that way you can switch things up if you get bored, or live with peace of mind knowing if you mess up, you can just restore your backup

damn you're pretty smuckin fart. i got a PM sent your way also. :D

droidxethan

Reaction score
Hey and you will have to use the droid 2 bootstrap to flash things on GB I guess there is some bug in the DX one

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Darkside86

Reaction score

Bingo!

damn you're pretty smuckin fart. i got a PM sent your way also. :D

Thanks! Research is your friend. And questions are the only way to get answers. Most of us were where you are at one point or another.

Hey and you will have to use the droid 2 bootstrap to flash things on GB I guess there is some bug in the DX one

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Ya i forgot to mention that. If you don't feel like buying/finding droid 2 bootstrap, you can use the DX bootstrap as well, just make sure you go to settings-applications-development-and uncheck usb debugging, I use this method and it works well for me. If you use Droid 2 bootstrap you don't have to do that though.

Last edited:
OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
I went back and redownloaded the dx bootstrap. i also got titanium backup. i'll backup here at some point