Anyone know how/where to get a free Droin? Legit?

FruG3rT

Reaction score
Trainn doesn't have the droid site yet and I'm not wanting an iPhone, so I'm wondering if anyone has seen a legit site to get a Droid, I'm not even going to try Lockerz, its not worth the hassle to get to the redemption. Thanks in advanced! And sorry for bein a noob and asking a "stupid question for my first post, ect.. I just want a Droid of some kind like REALLY bad..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
have you tried Amazon?

Your local cell provider doesn't have any Droids in stock?

OP
F

FruG3rT

Reaction score
Droin????????
Droid :p Idk if you can edit the title so just know i meant, Droid, because were in the "Droid" forums..
And yah, Cricket Wireless does have a Droid in stock im pretty sure, and ive looked at Amazon/Ebay/Craigslist, but im 14 with parents who blow all their money on tobacco and crap like that. Im asking if theres a site similar to Trainn or Lockerz that have a Droid, and its been proved legit and not a ripoff. I NEED a Droid (not really, but it would be quite nice, better than my Samsung Messenger II)

OP
F

FruG3rT

Reaction score
Sorry for this double post, im using my PSP to type and i have typing limit and couldnt edit. Anyways, if anyone knows a site that like gets you points for like just refering people to sign up or similar. Maybe someone could donate their old Droid(= (worth an ask, theres still nice people out there)

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Ok your asking for an android based phone right not the actual droid phone because those are two different things. Android is the operating system on the phone and droid is the type of phone. Do u currently have a cell phone? With what carrier?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Beka27

Reaction score
As mentioned, there are plenty of places you can get an Android phone for free or very, very cheap. The issue isn't so much getting the phone as paying for the monthly data package. Are your parents going to be willing/able to pay $720 ($30/month x 24 months) JUST FOR DATA over the course of the contract? This isn't including the cost of the monthly talk/text plan.

OP
F

FruG3rT

Reaction score
Well im using Cricket Wireless so i dont have contracts, if i have a phone i want to use, i go in to the store, pay $15 and boom, its hooked up.. And yes, a phone with a Android OS, not the Droid itself.

Beka27

Reaction score
Oh... with a plan like that, I can't see you getting a Droid for less than maybe $150-200... all of the deeply discounted/free phones are with either a new 2-year contract or an upgrade on an existing contract.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
I really don't know how cricket data plans work, but as mentioned above, android is a "smart phone" so most Wireless providers require you to have a premium data package (Verizon's is $30 for unlimited). That does not include talk and text like someone else had mention. So I said all that to say- you are more than likely not going to be able to pay just $15 and use a smart phone in cricket. Best thing to do is call cricket and ask them about their smart phone minimum plan they require.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Droin????????
but im 14 with parents who blow all their money on tobacco and crap like that.

Wow! I guess its their money they work and earn...sooooo...

If you are 14, how eaxctly are you planning on getting Cricket to give you service. In place of asking where to get a "free" phone, why dont you get yourself a part time job locally and buy yourself one?

I sense a severe case on entitlement in this young one Obi-wan....

OP
F

FruG3rT

Reaction score
Well the Android plans at cricket are only $55 a month and thats unlimited everything.. And i've tried working to save up money, cept i cant legally work,and none of my relatives would payme for doing work, they just make me do it anyways. It sucks, i cant even run .jar files on my phone.. And I'm wanting apps and Android provides that.

lockman

Reaction score
I think we're getting a bit off-topic here, but I'm going to ask you the same thing I ask my kids anyway. Where's the money for the data plan coming from?

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Ok this is what I did, I bought my little sister a Refurb Droid 2 which is kind of like a salvaged phone its only $100 from verizon directly no need of a contract I ported it to metropcs which I believe its the same company as cricket and pay $40 a month for her service she is 13 and does much txting and web, everything works fine exept obviously the service is very low quality but it works. But then again not all phone can be ported, it has to be supported by their flashing network which is houdini and the actual droid phones are not supporteed so u might have to do it ur self or pay an external source to do it for u n he might charge u around 100 to port ur phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App