How fool-proof are these rooting steps / is rooting permanent

liguy257

Reaction score
I've had my Droid since November and I'm getting tired of seeing posts about what people are able to do with their phones since they're rooted. I'm thinking about trying it but I have absolutely no idea what any of you are talking about, so it's probably not a good idea. I found this site online and it says that following the steps is pretty much "fool proof", so I'm curious if that's true or not. I'm not completely stupid and I can follow instructions, just need to verify that these instructions are legit.

Also, once you root you can't undo it, right? If I ever wanted to go back to stock am I able to do a factory reset or is that pretty much not an option?

ffej89

Reaction score
There is always a way to unroot. If you are a tech savvy person who likes to tinker with your phone alot then root is the way to go. On the other hand if you like your phone to just work without having to mess with it all the time i would stick with stock.

Russ2387

Reaction score
When I rooted mine (5 months ago) I was clueless and scared I would brick it. But it is easy and worth it. I absolutely love running roms, and changing them every couple of days. Doing this is VERY easy. Just download rom manager from the app store.

Russ2387

Reaction score
Just remember to do a backup!!! I use titanium backup myself. Then you are never screwed