Droid X Won't Boot Past M

tube222

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is redundant on a previous post. I've searched and couldn't find an answer.

First off, I'm new at messing under the hood of my Droid X. I did a lot of reading and felt I understood what I was doing. Obviously, I was mistaken.

My Droid X is rooted and has been for a couple of weeks with no problems. I installed ROM Manager and bootstrap. Decided to try the Gingerbread keyboard. Followed instructions and installed the zip file. When I rebooted, I got a message saying there was a problem with the file, ie wouldn't load. I changed my input method and was okay. Decided to try and install Gingerbread theme. Followed directions, rebooted and got stuck at the M screen. I had previously done a full backup with ROM manager. When I into recovery, there's a message at the bottom saying "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command". Out of frustration, I wiped data/factory reset. Didn't work. Wiped cache partition. Didn't work. I'm stuck at this point.

I thought maybe if I installed a whole new ROM that I might be okay, but when I boot into recovery, I don't have the option to install zip file that I had previously gotten from bootstrap. Any way to get back to that point now?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

OP
T

tube222

Reaction score
Nevermind. I was able to figure it out. Was using an incorrect file.