I hate to be this guy but...

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
btw... my apologies to Darkside for calling ya Darkroot... kinda got my mind going afew diff directions!

It's cool. We knew who you were talking about.lol Darkroot does have a nice ring to it. Maybe I'll change my screen name ;-)

haha.. whatever works for ya! again thanks. rebooting phone now after installin gb

question... do i need to reset up accts or is that what the recovery is for?

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
Jus wanting to know what can I do to restore all appear n such from before.... as well as contacts

droidxethan

Reaction score
Did u ever get GB up and running?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Darkside86

Reaction score
Jus wanting to know what can I do to restore all appear n such from before.... as well as contacts

Titanium Backup is a great program that a lot of people use, it has a batch mode (don't remember if it is in the pro version or not) that will restore all of the apps of your choosing. You need to backup all of the apps you want before it will restore them obviously.

Hopefully you got GB up and running.

Your contacts should automatically restore once you log into your gmail. also if you use facebook it has a sync with existing contacts option that will restore contacts.

Last edited:
OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
I logged in and got all my contacts back, i guess now it's gettin all the apps back

Darkside86

Reaction score
after you get everything like you want it, i would do a backup of GB so you don't lose anything. :)

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Titanium backup is also great for backing up your apps so you don't lose app data everytime you install a new rom

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
after you get everything like you want it, i would do a backup of GB so you don't lose anything. :)

well my next question... i downloaded bootstrap again to my phone, now do i do a bootstrap recovery? is there something I can do to re-add the apps I had before, i mean i backed up everything, but just wondering so i don't have to redownload them all.

Darkside86

Reaction score

well my next question... i downloaded bootstrap again to my phone, now do i do a bootstrap recovery? is there something I can do to re-add the apps I had before, i mean i backed up everything, but just wondering so i don't have to redownload them all.

Well if you backed up your apps that you had before you switched to gingerbread then...Yes..Just open titanium backup and restore your apps.

I have a feeling that you didn't backup your apps before hand :) So in that case I don't think there is a way to restore your apps that you didn't get from the market (those should download automatically) because going from different versions (froyo to gingerbread) the only way now for you to go back to 2.2 (froyo) is to SBF back. So essentially you would SBF back to froyo and then install Titanium Backup and backup your apps, then re-flash the GB leak and restore from Titanium Backup. SBF'ing your phone truly is a pain since you need to download a few programs and do some extensive reading so you don't mess up.

If I were you, I would just download them all one more time without going back to froyo and just make a backup after you have them all again.

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
so what i should do is download all the programs now... run the TI backup and do it all over again? i'm such a noob :eek:

Darkside86

Reaction score
Sorry if that was confusing.lol

What i'm saying is, INSTEAD of going back and backing up your apps then flashing the GB leak again, you SHOULD just find all the apps that you had on your phone and just download them all again. ya it's a pain to have to find all the apps you want again, but it's even more of a pain (in my opinion) to go back and have to install the GB leak all over again just so you can get back the apps that didn't come back from the market. Make sense?

Another words: STAY ON GB AND DOWNLOAD ALL YOUR APPS OVER AGAIN!:)

OP
Mooselodge24

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
Sorry if that was confusing.lol

What i'm saying is, INSTEAD of going back and backing up your apps then flashing the GB leak again, you SHOULD just find all the apps that you had on your phone and just download them all again. ya it's a pain to have to find all the apps you want again, but it's even more of a pain (in my opinion) to go back and have to install the GB leak all over again just so you can get back the apps that didn't come back from the market. Make sense?

Another words: STAY ON GB AND DOWNLOAD ALL YOUR APPS OVER AGAIN!:)

haha, i got ya. and then run the Titanium backup and save to SD?

my next thing is figuring out what all I can do. figuring out this superuser stuff n all

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
Have any of you tried one the swype update.zips yet? I can't live without the white themed swype which is why I am still using gummyjar.