I got a software update!

helron

Reaction score
Hi Tis and Nova users..
All was well until I noticed that my FAVORITES widget does not allow me to swipe down and view all of my pre entered contacts. In other words I have 12 favorites in the widget and I can only see the first four. Drat! Need the availability of all 12 contacts especially since MOTO decided to kill SPEED-DIAL. UGH! Is it me, or is it NOVA? Any ideas?

Last edited:

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Have you tried removing it from the home screen and then putting it back on, my girlfriends works perfectly on her maxx

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hi Tis and Nova users..
All was well until I noticed that my FAVORITES widget does not allow me to swipe down and view all of my pre entered contacts. In other words I have 12 favorites in the widget and I can only see the first four. Drat! Need the availability of all 12 contacts especially since MOTO decided to kill SPEED-DIAL. UGH! Is it me, or is it NOVA? Any ideas?

uh oh, this is where all the fun begins (I hope, lol). Because not all moto things will work on third party launchers so you get to find ones that work as well or better in play store. I use call widget pro to put individual widgets of my must frequent called on my home screen. Go Contacts also has a widget that will bring up your favorites but there are lots in play store.

Hmm, I just tested the stock favorites widget on my Razr M and it does open up (scroll) to show all my favorites. It seems it should work on the Razr. Anyone using Nova on a JB Razr that can test this out.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

helron

Reaction score
Have you tried removing it from the home screen and then putting it back on, my girlfriends works perfectly on her maxx

Yes I did remove it from the home screen and then put it back. Still had no luck ..they will not expand.
Finally gave up, deleted Nova, widget now works fine, again. Oh we'll, off to slaying more dragons.:biggrin:
Thanks for your prompt response I may try again in a day or two.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
As someone else posted, it may be incompatible with the nova launcher, might search for other apps that do similar things that may be compatible.

Glad I could help, or at least confirm that it did work with jb

We are the Droid!!
Resistance is futile!!

helron

Reaction score
I found another APP that will do the job if the MOTO Favorites widget . Researched the problem and red that the favorite widget only works in conjunction with the Moto home screen. I Gus's that's the problem, but yet the prior responder said it works on MAXX.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I found another APP that will do the job if the MOTO Favorites widget . Researched the problem and red that the favorite widget only works in conjunction with the Moto home screen. I Gus's that's the problem, but yet the prior responder said it works on MAXX.

The maxx is the Droid Razr Maxx, a Motorola phone, hence why it works.

The poster with the issue was using the nova launcher, a different home screen, hence why it doesn't work.

We are the Droid!!
Resistance is futile!!

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am using Nova Launcher and can confirm that the favorites widget does not pull down as it does on the stock launcher

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thanks mik. That is good to know.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

helron

Reaction score
Droid Razr battery continues to drain with JB update. My "Android OS"is soaking a lot of battery juice , as is my display screen. I have my screen set to very low dim setting. If it were any lower I would need a flashlight to see it
I Have followed FOXKAT's instruction for battery calibration but nothing seems to help. ICS 215 Battery results were so much better! JB Is really killing me .
I have reduced the amount of icons on my screen I make sure my phone is not left on with the display active. I also use smart actions to turn off all unnecessary services overnight.
Is anyone else having the same reaction to jellybean??

Sent using Tapatalk

Phillipsave

Reaction score
It's possible that the update may have resulted in some changes in your settings or conflicts with some apps. I would go through all of your settings and use GSam Battery Monitor to identify Apps that might be running and taking too much juice. Also, try doing a hard reset by holding down the power button and the down volume rocker at the same time for 10 seconds, which is like a battery pull and will reboot the phone.

yaterml

Reaction score
Droid Razr battery continues to drain with JB update. My "Android OS"is soaking a lot of battery juice , as is my display screen. I have my screen set to very low dim setting. If it were any lower I would need a flashlight to see it?de1e
I Have followed FOXKAT's instruction for battery calibration but nothing seems to help. ICS 215 Battery results were so much better! JB Is really killing me .
I have reduced the amount of icons on my screen I make sure my phone is not left on with the display active. I also use smart actions to turn off all unnecessary services overnight.
Is anyone else having the same reaction to jellybean??

Sent using Tapatalk

I have severe battery drain as well went from about 12 hours to about 6. There were other people complaining of this issue as well

helron

Reaction score
If you are experiencing poor battery issues after the new RAZR JELLYBEAN OTA please share issues here.

helron

Reaction score
Read this in another thread: Battery drain

OP is LLOYDSTRANS...
If you're in a weak signal area (1 or 2 bars) your battery will be drained quicker. 4G has nothing to do with it.
Modern phones use a farily sophistiated closed loop power control system, and they are in constant communications with the cell system in the background. Checking in with the system every few hundred miliseconds.
So even if you never touched your phone all day, you'd see quicker battery drain in a weak signal aren than you would if you had a good strong signal. Oh, BTW, I'm a retired Verizon cell phone repair tech.
Sent using Tapatalk