I don't want my google contacts to sync to my phone. Can you help?

Florencia

Reaction score
Hi, I do not want all my google contacts to sync to my phone. I want my phone to have only a few, selected, contacts. I went to "accounts" and unselected sync contacts, but google contacts still show up every time I sync. I went to contacts - edit contacts - and tried to see if they are saved somewhere else beyond my google account but they are not. What can I do? Thanks!

Deron

Reaction score
Well, you can change the display view of your contacts so that the Google contacts don't show in your Razr's contacts list. Go into your contacts list, tap the phone's menu button, then choose the Display Options. Tap the triangle on the Google selection to open the tree, then uncheck all the boxes. It may take a while to update the display and you may need to turn on your sync.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
You can also go into accounts select Google and uncheck contacts to sync

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The other option, which I find works great with Google and Facebook contacts, is to display only contacts with phone numbers. This keeps your contacts from being completely cluttered with unnecessary contacts.

OP
F

Florencia

Reaction score
The other option, which I find works great with Google and Facebook contacts, is to display only contacts with phone numbers. This keeps your contacts from being completely cluttered with unnecessary contacts.

Thank you Lars