Is anyone else having trouble syncing Google calendar after ICS upgrade?

romslar

Reaction score
After I upgraded to ICS my google calendar will not sync with my phone.

The rest of my google account (browser, contacts, email, etc.) are fine. However, when I start the sync manually the circular arrows next to the calendar go around a few times nad then stop. They do not disappear.

I have deleted the account several times. I also delete the widget and clear the calendar data.

I even went so far as to re-install stock ICS (I am rooted) and even then the calendar would not sync.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score

The rest of my google account (browser, contacts, email, etc.) are fine. However, when I start the sync manually the circular arrows next to the calendar go around a few times nad then stop. They do not disappear.

I have deleted the account several times. I also delete the widget and clear the calendar data.

I even went so far as to re-install stock ICS (I am rooted) and even then the calendar would not sync.
Have you tried clearing data and cache in the calendar app?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Mine syncs just fine as long as I have the phone widget for sync turned on. If not, then a manual refresh of my calendar picks it up right away. I'm not rooted though.

OP
romslar

romslar

Reaction score

OK. I contacted Motorola. They took a couple of days but they got back to me and raised my issue to a Level 2. This meant I got service from someone who knew what they were doing.

He had me install an app called Rescue Motorola. This let me start a session that allowed him to take control of my phone. He tried most of the things I had already tried and could not get my calendar to sync. So he added his own gmail account to my phone and synced his account. The calendar worked. So, we figured out that the problem was with my google account and not my phone (because the phone could sync with a google calendar).

So, I deleted all the events from my google calendar and then synced from my phone. It worked. Luckily I also sync my work account (kept on outlook on my laptop) with my google calendar. So after deleting all the events I just synced with my outlook account and got back my events. The phone sync still worked. So I don't know what the problem was with my google calendar but I don't care.

I do want to say that my experience with motorola in this case was very good. To be honest, I thought that as soon as he had control of my phone and saw that my phone was rooted and I had blown away a bunch of bloatware, he was going to tell me that I screwed up my phone and he could not help me. I figured if he said that I would un-root and reinstall the stock ICS and try the process again. But surprisingly, he never said anything about being rooted and he did figure out the problem.

subsynth

Reaction score
I have sync issues as well. I started a thread in the ics sub forum.

I cannot see any events older than about thirty days. They are still there on the Web.

It also reverted the name of the calendar to my email address add i cannot change it back.

I share thus cheddar with several people, i can't just delete it and start over.

kellygh5

Reaction score
My google calendar is completely erased after ICS update on my MAXX :mad: PC shows no events either! Not good. Is there anyway to retrieve this info or is it gone? I have not tried syncing new events, because I am scrambling to figure out existing events I will miss without my calendar :angry:

crazedmom

Reaction score
I too am having the same issuea. There is nothing in accounts that shows a checkmark to autosync

dollarbang

Reaction score
My phone had the same SYNC problem with Google Calendar after upgrading to ICS. It appears that there is a corrupted ICS configuration or software
modification by ADDons affecting calendar,

Motorola had me execute an OS reset/refresh of my cellphone. I was worried that the OS reset would rollback to the previous 2.x Android and/or
lose data, the Motorola tech swayed my fears by stating the only affect would be to force ICS to be loaded without ADDons.

It took the better part of 30 minutes to complete, and once I had finished configuring the phone for Google access, the default phone calendar
SYNC'd and test changes I had previously made were posted both on the cell phone from the Google calendar and on my Google account from
the cell phone's calendar.

I then installed the APPs in my Google Play list (there should be an APP for that:icon_evil: . So far, the cell phone is syncing calendars. I did not have to
remove any Google calendar entries, even those that are repetitive.

Just watch, when Jelly Bean is released for the Droid...I'll probably have to go through this again. C'est la Vie