1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I did it! I took the plunge...Now I need some help :)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by bhmhrex, Dec 14, 2010.

1. bhmhrex

bhmhrex New Member

I did it! I bought the DroidX....Thanks everyone for the advice! I took advantage of the buy one get one free, and my wife got the Droid 2 Global. The only issue I have so far, is the guy at Verizon said it was a full battery out of the box and it didn't last two hours. Is it really full out of the box? The battery on the phone showed full. Anyone have any tips and or tricks for these two phones?? I am so excited! Early Christmas present from my wife! dancedroiddancedroid
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Did you let the phone run down to nothing so it powered itself off and then plug it into the wall charger, let it sit for an hour to two hours without touching it at all and then see how long the battery will last?
  3. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

The battery life isn't great on new Droid's because the owner is constantly using it. Charge it up, try again.
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

if the rep put any kind of task killer on either phone, just delete those now.

main tips to extend battery life:
    get screebl (market)
    turn down brightness
    satellites off
    wifi uses less battery than 3G
    longer refresh intervals = better battery life
    background data kills battery

i actually have 3G turned off and my phone has been off the charger for 16 hours and its still at 50% :)
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Kill GPS unless you're using it or afraid the phone will get stolen (in which case the shorter battery life will be offset by the protection this offers).