Do I make the plunge??

Gisboro

Reaction score
I was an avid iPhone user, I jumped on board when they were first released.
I have had my Droid for a little over 4 days now and have already canceled my AT&T contract.
There was little I could not get, app wise, on the droid that I already had on my iPhone. What really won me over though was the call quality and coverage of the verizon network.
I would say to you, "do it" I dont think you will regret it. Oh and btw my iPhone was also jailbroken, if I hadn't done that I would have given up on AT&T years ago.

Last edited:

jettie1767

Reaction score
I, too, am a big Apple fan. I only use Macs at home and have had all 3 iPhones (2G, 3G and 3Gs). I decided to try the Droid last Monday without porting my ATT number to see how the service was in the area of my house. I found that Verizon had way much better coverage and I don't drop calls inside the house. So, I ported both my numbers from ATT to Verizon just two days after I bought the droid. As far as the droid is concerned, I'm pretty much happy with everything and I think it does everything that an iPhone can do. Only negative I can point out is battery life which is slightly worse than the iPhone 3GS.

sir

Reaction score
i also came from an iPhone. But I did a lot of research and then spent some time mucking around with the Verizon store-owned Droid to ensure I liked the following:

- look and feel
- overall responsiveness
- all 3 keyboards (physical, virtual portrait, and virtual landscape)
- the screen itself
- the ability to do basic phone stuff (make a phone call, write a text message) (everyone has their own way of designing a phone OS, but if you can't do the basic PHONE stuff, the it's no use)

I was amazingly surprised at the Droid. I know it sounds dumb, but if you can sit back and say "I'm riding the bleeding edge of a huge wave of technology that will only get better over time", you'll realize that there's growing pains, and the learning curve is steep, but ultimately rewarding in almost every way.

The iPhone is great, don't get me wrong. It is easy to use, designed to be easy to use, but in my opinion it was very restricting. The fact that you jailbroke your iPhone says it all...the phone does enough to be good, but not enough to be great, and it requires jumping through hoops to get it to do that. I was tired of jailbreaking mine all the time.

Then again, we're all sitting here trying to root the phone, so I guess we're in the same boat =p

In short - I loved the iPhone, but I love the upside of Android better. I didn't even wait the 30 days to try it out. I just went head first!

superglen99

Reaction score
Ya your right on that note. I guess and if worse comes to worse the rumors are that the iphone will be on verizon wireless next year anyway so I could upgrade if I had to. Are there other camera apps on the market like the iphone has? At least until this one gets fixed? Also how is mms? one of my biggest problems with the iphone is I will get an mms with a spread sheet and a sound clip and sometimes just a funny clip but I cant watch both at the same time. Is this the same on the android?
I read somewhere on this forum on a camera thread that there is a fix in beta testing right now. the guy who posted it was one of the testers and he said it takes care of ALL the problems people mentioned having. That update is supposed to be on december 11th according to various posts in this forum