I blame it all on Iphone...can't be my droid!!

docbest74

Reaction score
So I've been trying to connect to my wifes iphone via bluetooth here for an hour or so and I'm pretty frustrated.

I've never used bluetooth before so this is a new thing for me. I turn both bluetooths on...they see each other...I pair them...but all it says is "device paired but not connected"

Am I missing something here???? Please help!!! I'm totally blaming it on her Iphone because I am convinced that my droid is pretty much the best thing in the world! :motdroidhoriz:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I've been trying to connect to my wifes iphone via bluetooth here for an hour or so and I'm pretty frustrated.

I've never used bluetooth before so this is a new thing for me. I turn both bluetooths on...they see each other...I pair them...but all it says is "device paired but not connected"

Am I missing something here???? Please help!!! I'm totally blaming it on her Iphone because I am convinced that my droid is pretty much the best thing in the world! :motdroidhoriz:

I get the same thing when I try to pair my Droid with my Mac (Apple Products). I've read people can do it but I sure couldn't.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is an app to do bluetooth file share I can't remember wat it is called.

Sleeve

Reaction score
What do you want the phones to do once you connect them? The two phones need to have an ability (called a profile) in common between them before they can do anything together.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sadly it 'is' your Droid... for some reason Motorola decided (rumor says on behalf of VZW) to leave out the BT sharing functions that enable BT devices (other than headsets) to communicate with each other (i.e. no file-sharing).... There are a few apps around but I haven't used any personally as I don't need the function for my uses. But still.... would be nice had Moto/VZW not dropped the ball on this one...

OP
D

docbest74

Reaction score
What do you want the phones to do once you connect them? The two phones need to have an ability (called a profile) in common between them before they can do anything together.

I took some pics of her finishing a marathon the other day. She wanted the pics for her phone to show her friends. I know I can email them and such but we were just trying the bluetooth things just for the poop and giggles so to speak.

Hell...honestly I don't know anything about bluetooth.

JCo352

Reaction score
Sadly it 'is' your Droid... for some reason Motorola decided (rumor says on behalf of VZW) to leave out the BT sharing functions that enable BT devices (other than headsets) to communicate with each other (i.e. no file-sharing).... There are a few apps around but I haven't used any personally as I don't need the function for my uses. But still.... would be nice had Moto/VZW not dropped the ball on this one...

Wrong..I do this all the time with Bluetooth file transfer

OP
D

docbest74

Reaction score

Ok....how?? To another mobile??

JCo352

Reaction score

Ok....how?? To another mobile??

Get Bluetooth File Transfer from the market for free. Then open it, pair the devices, find the pictures under Local files, press menu "upload file" and then it should be on your wifes phone

Technoman

Reaction score

Absolutely not true... I have sent contacts between my 2 phones (Blackberry and Droid) via bluetooth, and I am pretty sure that I have sent a file in the past too.

Edit: this without any additional programs.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is giving me more unneeded quests!
clown.gif

I got my wife's Eris to pair with my droid but they ask for a passcode or password. Even though I can't seem to get that prompt back again, anyone know what the default passwords are?

JCo352

Reaction score
clown.gif

I got my wife's Eris to pair with my droid but they ask for a passcode or password. Even though I can't seem to get that prompt back again, anyone know what the default passwords are?

I always use 0000, but i think as long as you put the same password in each phone it doesnt matter what it is

Technoman

Reaction score
clown.gif

Typically it is 0000 (4 zeros)