Pics from droid to computer

dj928

Reaction score
I'm unable to get pics from the droid to my computer by email or bluetooth. Never had this problem with the Voyager, so I know it's not my computer. When I try by email, the pic comes through as 0 bytes and won't load. When I try by bluetooth it says it didn't connect and is foreclosing. It shows on my phone as paired but not connected with no means to connect.

Any help appreciated.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
have you tried using the usb cable plugged directly into the phone....

-=Jason=-

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I either use the "bluetooth file transfer" app or just transfer with a USB cable. USB is faster, so I mostly use that for photo or file transfer.

OP
D

dj928

Reaction score
I do pic transfers mainly by email or bluetooth. I also like to send pics to friends and don't want to carry a USB cable with me everywhere I go. So, could someone please assist me with fixing this? Thanks.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Do you have the Bluetooth File Transfer app? I don't know if it is necessary, but it woks fine for me.

JDonahue

Reaction score
Have you ever thought about using Picasa?

I upload the photos I like from my Droid to my an online album.

I have Picasa set up to sync my online albums with my computer.

When I get home, all my photos are there waiting for me.

OP
D

dj928

Reaction score
HP told me I need Motorola PC Suite but Motorola had never mentioned that. Is that something anyone has tried? I don't want to mess things up further. Not familiar with picasa. My experience with other such programs is it downsizes images and then encourages you to buy them. I really want to bluetooth and email pics. That works best for me. Thanks.

Enter

Reaction score
HP told me I need Motorola PC Suite but Motorola had never mentioned that. Is that something anyone has tried? I don't want to mess things up further. Not familiar with picasa. My experience with other such programs is it downsizes images and then encourages you to buy them. I really want to bluetooth and email pics. That works best for me. Thanks.

Don't bother paying for that software. Try reading this:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/16622-moto-phone-portal-droid-pc-media-sync-more-via-wifi.html]

Picasa is pretty good, I don't know if it decreases photo quality, but if it does, it is not noticeable to me. Or you could use flickr.

backlash

Reaction score
What email app are you using to email the pic?

I think I remember using picsay to email a pic once, and it came through as 0 bytes.

Now I've been using multitouch gallery (before all the adds), to share, select gmail, and it sends it to my email.

My main way of sharing pics is using pixel pipe though.
Multitouch gallery --> share as --> select pixel pipe --> then it uploads it to my photobucket account. They have lots of different "pipes"you can set up though.

OP
D

dj928

Reaction score
Hi backlash, I'm using the gmail link that came with the phone and that made me import my google email account to.

I'm looking into Picasa now but not sure how to get it from the phone to picasa in the easiest fashion. Do I have to login to picasa via my browser or is there a good widget or something to help out? I guess I'm going to just have to wait to send pics until I can hook the phone physically to my laptop. :wacko:

OP
D

dj928

Reaction score
Any help about how to load pics to picasa (or flikr or whatever) easily from the droid is appreciated. Looks like that's my only option now.

Dankinia

Reaction score
I just go into the gallery on my phone, select the picture I want to use, select "share", then choose Picasa from there. It worked fine for me and the pictures appear to be decent quality.