I am done with the Droid experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't either - who said he did?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

I think my point was your "passion" consists of talking down to iphone users and his is just an opinion for which he's attacked. So I'll say again, relax.

Attacked...? Could you specify how any response to this post in a droid native forum in any way represents an 'attack'? That's hyperbole to say the least.

And my 'passion' regarding this f-o-r-u-m thread ( emphasis on forum sans italics) is a figment of your imagination. No passion exists. In fact, if anyone is being 'talked down to' here it's evident in the very nature of the orginal post - it's droid phone users.

Being a forum for information gathering, I succinctly, explicitly listed, as well as attempted to debunk any imaginary technical benefits the OP posited as being technical defficiencies with the droid OS, and/or droid phones in general.

If I can't do that in a droid forum, then there's no point, is there? I'd challenge you to cite any instance where I tried to demean the OP.

The Three Stooges analogy was directed at several posters engaging in jocularity at an errant attachment I posted - not the poster.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Now you want me to explain how he was attacked? lol...are you suggesting that all of the replies were "awesome man, good luck with your choice"?...when I say attacked I don't mean people started clamoring to have him stoned and banned from the forum or added a new clause to the "unlock bootloader petition" that says "ban the OP for his posts"...the only one exhibiting hyperbole is you...let's keep it in perspective. now if you, for some odd reason, thought that by "attacked" i meant that the entire forum turned against him, and that he is undoubtedly crying in his house right now wondering what went wrong, i really don't know how to respond to you, except again to say relax.

the guy gave his reasons for leaving and from the first reply (the lame guy with his i ate cereal for breakfast comment), everyone started telling him he made a mistake, that no one cares and started talking about how/why android users are smarter. i've said it before and i'll say it again, why do you people have to try so hard to justify your purchase of a phone? if he doesn't like android, that's his opinion, there's no reason to say no one cares, there's no reason to tell him he made a mistake, or to talk about how smart android users are. it doesn't make you guys look smarter, it makes you guys look like you're trying too hard...i'm just giving you an honest unbiased view of how it looks on the outside looking in.

if iPhone is ever mentioned on this forum, even in passing, you get like 30 people talking about how stupid iphone is and how smart android users are. great, you guys are geniuses, and iphone users are dumb. we understand that...now relax. we also understand that this is an android f-o-r-u-m, but that doesn't mean "insult all other OS's and their users" and the mods and admins agree with me on that. no one can stop you from opening your own forum where you tell the world how wrong iphone users are when they have a bad experience or try to debunk another user's experience, so feel free to do that.

and you "challenge me to find a post where you demeaned the OP"? what you're essentially doing is telling the OP that his experience is wrong. you don't have to say "SCREW YOU OP!!!" to demean someone. the guy didn't have a good experience with android, and your posts are all about how he's wrong and how android is better. exactly how do you tell someone that they didn't experience something that they say they did? or better yet, do you think that your experience is mirrored across the millions of other android users out there? that because you get 20hrs of battery life, that every other android user must get it?

and the three stooges analogy...you could have just said "wrong pic here's the right one", instead you, in your "non demeaning way" decided to say "let's see you iphone users show me battery stats"...stop with the passive aggressiveness and the subliminals...and the trying too hard.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm closing this thread because of 2 reasons. Per usual, we can't have a civil discussion when Apple is mentioned and I don't want anybody to bad mouth our staff in the thread. Got a problem with a moderator? Take it to pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.