Droid X Hot?

blackmusicbox215

Reaction score
So I currently run my Droid X at a maximum of 1.25 GHz, and a minimum of 400 MHz. I also have battery booster installed, and it tells me how hot the battery is, as well as the percentage left. Anyway, it gets to about 104 degrees F very quickly. Could this be a problem if my phone is constantly too hot?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
A lot of things go into a phone getting hot. What are you doing when it gets that hot (ie streaming video, music, texting, ect). Also you are overclocked which will put the CPU under a bigger load causing it to overheat easier too. Try running it at a lower max like 1.15 or 1.1 to see if it overheats as quickly.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I dont think 104 is going to hurt your phone. Upwards of 120, yes, overtime. Over 125, definitely and then you'll probably want to shut it off. Also, as the battery heats up from use, so does the cpu. Excessive heat will shorten the life of a battery and a cpu. If you dont have one, I suggest getting an app that can control the cpu and shut things down if you reach an undesired temp. Trying what CD95YJ said will definitely help.

demonhawk1313

Reaction score
It may also be too much voltage at each step. Have you tried either quickclock or Droid Overclock. Quickclock will find the best clock and voltage setting for your phone automatically. Droid overclock is more for manual adjustment, but works great. I would do as suggested above and drop your clock, then try one of these programs to drop your voltage while increasing your clock. Maybe you can get the temps down and still maintain your clock speed. It just takes time and patience. As CJM says, 104 isn't too bad if thats under load. I wouldn't want to be there at idle. Another thing I have found is an app running and over heating the cpu. I have been able to track this down with spare parts. Good luck.

leonozug

Reaction score
I run mine at 1.2Ghz max and 400mhz min with Jrummys DX Overclock app, but then I use profiles and set it to run at 800Mhz max and 400Mhz min with the screen off. Mine never goes over 96 degrees that way. There is no reason to set it to 1.25Ghz constantly when not using it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, 104 degrees is nothing to be concrened about. It can and will get a lot hotter then that.

codustyle

Reaction score
And you can use DROID overclock to lower the speed if it hits certain temps...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums