HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409
    Test devices probably not but they have to allow you to toggle or you will see the battery die like they are seeing now. If the phone is constantly toggling back and forth on its own trying to find LTE then it will kill the battery that and if you run on LTE the entire time you will kill the battery. I am sure there will be some way to toggle it even if it requires a 3rd party app.

2. okiepat2000

okiepat2000 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BB dropping price of Nexus S to $99.
    Offer ends 3/23.
    3/24 is a Thursday.
    VZW likes to release on Thursday.
    Need I say more? :rolleyes:

3. A1deerhunter

A1deerhunter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BB does not have the TB in their ad this week.

4. Anthony Is So Fly

Anthony Is So Fly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it could run without the sim card if I remember what the guy from the wirefly video said :/

but I definitely agree with you on this

I also agree with Ilikemymoneygreen on this, it would be stupid not to sell a flagship unit nationwide ... that's discrimination! lol but also why not make an extra buck by selling it to everyone and let them keep their 3G unlimited data plan. *fingers crossed*

I don't agree with traveling to a 4G area, are you insane!? have you SEEN gas prices?! I think there is seriously one 4G area in Va and I'm definitely not driving hours to go use it :p

@It's Twix and also if you don't even have 3G in your area from Verizon what do you do? YOU SWITCH CARRIERS! , noone's that stupid to pay for something you don't have yet, especially 3G -->which in turn means Verizon loses customers/money

yes, my friend did pay for 4G(wimax) with sprint but he had access to 4G within the first couple months of it coming out so it didn't really make a difference

on the other hand, LTE takes time to roll out hince the project has been going on since '07

I agree with the toggle, I can turn on wifi/bluetooth/phone on my omnia so why would it be any different with 3G/4G with 4G handsets?

plus my friend's evo and girlfriend's epic have the feature, verizon would want to keep up with the competition yes?

5. Its TwiX

Its TwiX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not literal...Pretty simple to understand. I have 3G. I was making a comparison. If you don't have 3G in your area, don't buy a 3G phone. If you don't have 4G in your area (and don't travel to a 4G area), don't buy a 4G phone.

Verizon won't cater to anyone just because you don't have 4G in your area.

If you want good 4G, switching carriers won't do much. The only other 4G as in 2 seperate antennas for 3G and 4G, is WiMax. And yeah... nuff said.

If the phone comes without 4G toggle (highly doubt it), developers will create one. Shouldn't be something you should worry about too much. There's probably 3 or more toggle apps you can use for the EVO and it already has a 4G toggle.

6. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Comparisons to the Evo's toggle are null and void. Evo is not over a true 4G newtwork. WiMax is a whole other animal.

I don't know the tech behind these LTE devices but I would assume it defaults to whatever is available at the time thus the lte sim card. No toggle. I could be wrong but it just makes sense to default to LTE or 3G when in those areas. Toggle would be a pain and inconvenient.

Sent from my Droid

7. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,409

Even if you have 4g in your area or you dont. Some people, like myself, will buy an LTE phone for when I do go in an LTE area. If I am in an LTE are I do not need LTE on all the time because 3g works just fine and fast enough for me. You are not going to want to have lte running the entire time because that speed will kill that battery. The evo is experiencing the same issues and they have a bigger battery. That is why I think vzw is going to tier their lte so if you do not use it as much you can get a cheaper plan. But I expect them to make lte phone purchase an lte plan.

8. hogowner

hogowner Member

Ratings:
    +0
  9. rage151

rage151 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand what you're saying, CK. But to be clear, WIMAX is not the only one that isn't a 4g network.

Will the real 4G please stand up? | Signal Strength - CNET News

10. Anthony Is So Fly

Anthony Is So Fly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    true true, I guess I'm just pissed that I waited for the "HTC Incredible HD" ---> and then this blunderbolt came into play and now I've been waiting forever to get something new and still nothing has come out

I guess I'll probably just wait for the Incredible 2 if I have to pay for 4G *sigh* at least it has a front facing camera and bigger screen dancedroid

11. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2

Remember when 3g came out? It wasn't (and still isn't) available everywhere, yet if you buy a 3g phone you must have a 3g plan... I don't see why everyone is crying foul over paying for 4g. If your area doesn't have LTE why would you even want the TB? A better bet would be to wait until 4g is available for you, and then buy the best LTE phone available. If LTE isn't available for you, just wait a couple of weeks and get the PSphone...

12. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    CK the EVO has a 4g toggle because WiMax (and LTE from my understanding) KILLS your battery. They added the toggle to the EVO because of the battery complaints. If its not on the TB I can see many angry consumers on the horizon!!!

I honestly think the reason it hasn't rolled out yet is twofold A) changing the print ads to remove Skype as an out of box feature and B) trying to get an OTA patch readied to add the 4g toggle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bear roaring
big lip

droid thunderbolt release date

gaged lips
htc 4g inspire
htc thunderbolt high-end android 4g lte phone release date
is the htc thunderbolt up to date with current date
lip gages
lip gauges