HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natejka7273

Natejka7273 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, i know on the Atrix they don't allow you to install any out-of-market apps at all so that's something. Overclocking can be nice and you can get software updates and radio updates faster than HTC gets them out (although HTC's faster than most). It's whatever you or other devs make of it though. For most people it probably doesn't mean much.

2. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    also saw one of the UD guys might get a TB so ud would also be on the thunderbolt. its looking good!

3. DKowalske

DKowalske New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I talked with an owner of a few verizon stores tonight and he said that as of now the phone will be released the 28th. My guess is it will be announced the 24th, but on the bright side is he's setting one aside for me :)

4. nmoore125

nmoore125 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    The manager at the Best Buy here in Rapid City, SD also confirmed the 28th as being the day.

5. ScarletBuckeye

Ratings:
    +1
    BB still doesn't know crap, one here told me thursday without me even asking her

6. TheDig

TheDig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll agree with the announcement on the 24th...hands on the 3rd.

Thinking about it now I think the tv ads are doing three things, buying time for the iphone return date deadline, informing the general public, and acting as a form of damage control for VZW to all those that have been wondering where this phone went since BB started taking pre-orders.

Announcing the official date on the 24th gets them out of the return window and gives them more than enough time to still get it out Q1.

7. banderbe

banderbe Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most people are idiots. So?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

8. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another from South Dakota, huh? I'm around Miller with the nearest corporate store being 200 miles away (Sioux Falls). Guess it's online or telesales for me.:laugh:

9. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +33
    People look for an anouncement either tomorrow or Wednesday with the release on thursday. It is still on track for the release on the 24th. Lets not add to the rumor mill and no flaming until the 24th comes and goes. If no phone then complain what not. But I have a feeling you all will be pleasantly surprised.

10. leehblanc

leehblanc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to ask. Is the iPhone a "fervor" or is it not "as much of a groundbreaker" OR do "people care more about the iPhone then they do about the data speed right now"

Would you be willing to give us a little clarity on what appear to be wildly contradictory statements?

11. dominick_7

dominick_7 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    According to reviewers the TB beat the Bionic in 2 benchmarks and is supposed to be the fastest phone on Verizon. Im thinking part of that COULD be because the Bionic wasn't optimized, but I guess it won't be known till it's officially released. Likely though because the TB has an unlocked bootloader, and can be overclocked it may still hold true.. the only thing I don't like besides there being no HDMI out is that the gaming scores at least in the wirefly video were lower than the Droid X..

12. electric6

electric6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently lost patience and purchased the inspire 4g.I must say this phone is skick as butter, and its good ATT finally has a good Android device. But the external speaker is to.y sounding, the reception is still bad at my work, and ATT has blocked sidelong of apps completely. I did find a quick fix, by taking out the sin card, but swype beta is blocked nonetheless. Seeing all the walls ATT put around this phone I will unfortunately be returning it by the end of the week. Oh yeah, it says 'HSPA+" in the signal indicator, even though my area still does not have it yet. Very deceptive... With that being said, and my old iphone on the way to gazelle, I'm now stuck with my old Nokia while I wait impatiently for the tb to be released so I can finally join VZW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bear roaring
big lip

droid thunderbolt release date

gaged lips
htc 4g inspire
htc thunderbolt high-end android 4g lte phone release date
is the htc thunderbolt up to date with current date
lip gages
lip gauges