HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDig

Reaction score
My NE2 is February 20, but my contract isn't up until November. Presuming a release date on or after the 20th, does anyone know if BB will give me a one year contract? Not sure if I need to cancel the preorder and go directly through VZW.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I am in a similar situation, when I look at my verizon page it says I am due for an upgrade now and can get an additional discount on 4/19. My contract end date is 8/19 of this year.

So can I go into Verizon and sign a new 1 year contract on the TB when it finally comes out? Or am I better off to wait the 2 months and get the additional upgrade? Would doing that just mean paying the additional $70 or so that everyone talks about for signing a 1 year deal?

Depending on LTE pricing would I be better off to sign another 2 year deal to "grandfather in" my price?

Sorry for all the questions but all the change in the NE2 and what not has me all sorts of confused...

Jas O

Reaction score
Going back to What the HTC CEO said at MWC that the TB's shipped this week. The question would be how did they ship?
1 Plane or boat? Please God let them have gone by plane.
2 One day to shp, I would assume at least one day to clear customs.
3 Where do the go from there? main VZW warhouse then to regional or directly to each regional warehouse? + 1 day
4 Once at each ware house recieved and entered into system, then reship to dealers + 1 day.

From Tuesday 2/15 I see at a min. 4 days in transit, which puts you at Satuday 2/19. So not a chance of 2/17 being the date. I don't think that trucks deliver over the weekend so that puts phone in the retail stock on 2/21 if everything goes according to plan. Give yourself a couple of days to be safe and you have 2/24 at the very earliest.

I am guessing that VZW won't say anything about the TB until they are in thier posession / clear customs. Providing they left yesterday I would guess that they should be in customs tomorrow.

Pre Order somewhere between 2-17 & 2/21 with a 2/24 release???????

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder what else I would be doing with my life if I wasn’t in this forum

Will there be a support group once we have the TB in our hands and this thread has no more relevance? :D

Haha! Personally, I will be happy to be done with it, and finally move on to discussions of accessories, development (rooting, customization, themes, etc.), getting better battery life, etc.

:bling:

ryan18

Reaction score
Going back to What the HTC CEO said at MWC that the TB's shipped this week. The question would be how did they ship?
1 Plane or boat? Please God let them have gone by plane.
2 One day to shp, I would assume at least one day to clear customs.
3 Where do the go from there? main VZW warhouse then to regional or directly to each regional warehouse? + 1 day
4 Once at each ware house recieved and entered into system, then reship to dealers + 1 day.

From Tuesday 2/15 I see at a min. 4 days in transit, which puts you at Satuday 2/19. So not a chance of 2/17 being the date. I don't think that trucks deliver over the weekend so that puts phone in the retail stock on 2/21 if everything goes according to plan. Give yourself a couple of days to be safe and you have 2/24 at the very earliest.

I am guessing that VZW won't say anything about the TB until they are in thier posession / clear customs. Providing they left yesterday I would guess that they should be in customs tomorrow.

Pre Order somewhere between 2-17 & 2/21 with a 2/24 release???????

sounds good.

ryan18

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder what else I would be doing with my life if I wasn’t in this forum

Will there be a support group once we have the TB in our hands and this thread has no more relevance? :D

Haha! Personally, I will be happy to be done with it, and finally move on to discussions of accessories, development (rooting, customization, themes, etc.), getting better battery life, etc.

:bling:

agreed, just really want this phone in my hands now.

dll1477

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone else see the clarity of a Feb 24 release being the obvious date, given the 14 day window of the iphone release; along with the 24th being a thursday - a common date for vzw to release new phones?
Of course, they can't come out & say this, because they will come across as a vile, unscruplulous corporation!

finally, someone else who gets it! :icon_ banana:

I walked into a local VZW store with the following question, "can you share anything about the TB, or have Apple's lawers tied everyone's tongue until 14-days post iphone day?" the rep just about busted out laughing

craigboy

Reaction score

Amen to that

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking Apple's lawyers have something to do with it. Simply doesn't make sense, on multiple levels, for VZW to launch two devices so close together. And every mfr wants it's own little slice of the spotlight, Apple is no exception but I doubt HTC is any different.

On top of that, you have to go 14 days from launch weekend, because plenty of sales continue in over those 4 days. That points to the 28th.

UNC

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking Apple's lawyers have something to do with it. Simply doesn't make sense, on multiple levels, for VZW to launch two devices so close together. And every mfr wants it's own little slice of the spotlight, Apple is no exception but I doubt HTC is any different.

On top of that, you have to go 14 days from launch weekend, because plenty of sales continue in over those 4 days. That points to the 28th.

I don't think its Apple at all. I think its Verizon not wanting to release two competing devices within 2 weeks of each other.

They won't put out anything that competes with TB for atleast 2 weeks either...

viper1549

Reaction score
the dev support on this device is going to be ridiculous.

i agree, one of the main reasons i am going to have to get this phone..

im sure the Bionic will be popular but it wont help having a bootloader like the DX!!

cant wait to the 24th.. its going to be surreal... lol

ace198

Reaction score
just come from verizon i ask you know when the thunderbolt comming he said no idea

viper1549

Reaction score
Did anyone else see comment #9 on that page??

9.John wrote on February 16, 2011
I’m a best buy manager and we have the HTC Thunderbolt. The phone is coming out for sale on February 17th.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know not to get my hopes up but.... damn, that would be sweet to get a call today or tomorrow from BB to come in and pick up my TB.

I didn't want to say anything because it's all speculation and clearly Best Buy is not reliable with these dates. But still, my fiance also works for Best Buy and told me her mobile department is saying the 17th.

All I have to say at this point is: "Pics, or it didn't happen."
"In-stock" date of 2/21 does not mean 2/17, or even 2/21 will be the day they start selling it. My money is still on 2/24, with the possibility of an "official" announcement tomorrow (but don't hold me to that). And I'm leaning towards same day for both BB and VZW. If they're all shipping out of Taiwan around the same time, they will probably get them around the same time, and thus start selling them at the same time.

i dont think anyone will hold you to your opinion or how stupid would they be.. lol

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think its Apple at all. I think its Verizon not wanting to release two competing devices within 2 weeks of each other.

They won't put out anything that competes with TB for atleast 2 weeks either...

100% agree. It's in the best interest of ALL parties (except maybe the consumer, haha). Just basic business sense, nothing sinister or evil going on here.

viper1549

Reaction score
just come from verizon i ask you know when the thunderbolt comming he said no idea

try to resist posting worthless info, if everyone in this thread called VZN and reported back they got no new info this thread would be a cluster f*ck

not trying to be rude but we already know that half of VZN doesnt know **** and the other half thinks they know **** but they still dont..

if this week ends with no announcement from them finally i will be concerned.. Other than say the droid 2 global any phone been released before with no official announcement prior??

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't get this though... wouldn't a simple solution be not by the iphone till a couple days after? It would be very ingenious to do it if the iphone was only offered on one day, but this seems to only mess with those hard core iphone fans that bought it the day it came out. I'm not arguing the date, but I don't see how the release date is such a correlation between iphone...maybe in the thought that they don't want to release two phones within 2 weeks which might interfere with eachothers sales. Maybe? My thoughts.

Sent from my brain using DroidForums App as a mind reading tool. Yep its that cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.