HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I just really hope that this phone is worth the wait. I'm tired of hearing about how awesome it will be, and then nothing happening. I'm also getting a little anxious because I see phones are releasing with 2.4 soon. I hope the TB will be upgraded. :/ I try to keep phones for a minimum of a year....

jcbsides

Reaction score
Just saying what I have read...was a reliable source. Not on my computer or I'd link it, if I could find it.

Sent from somewhere...

well here it was stated by miami, and i trust his call. more or less all credible sources at our disposal have confirmed 2-24 except Verizon itself.

my thoughts say yes...my lack of wanting to be let down again about this says to wait for it from the horse's mouth once it spits the apple out.

Hehehehehe Apple.

Reaction score
I just really hope that this phone is worth the wait. I'm tired of hearing about how awesome it will be, and then nothing happening. I'm also getting a little anxious because I see phones are releasing with 2.4 soon. I hope the TB will be upgraded. :/ I try to keep phones for a minimum of a year....

What other phones are coming shortly?

dajogejr

Reaction score
In fact, the latest REAL evidence implies the 21st which is a screenshot of a best but computer screen saying that is the in stock date.

Honestly, and take this with a grain of salt....hasn't BB fuddled enough on this to lose all credibility?

Even if Best Buy has it on their shelves ready to go on the 21st, that does NOT mean they can sell them.

That screen also said in stock the 14th previously, how did that work out for everyone?

sansavi

Reaction score
Just saying what I have read...was a reliable source. Not on my computer or I'd link it, if I could find it.

Sent from somewhere...

well here it was stated by miami, and i trust his call. more or less all credible sources at our disposal have confirmed 2-24 except Verizon itself.

my thoughts say yes...my lack of wanting to be let down again about this says to wait for it from the horse's mouth once it spits the apple out.

Hehehehehe Apple.
im glad someone caught that :]

JonsConspiracy

Reaction score

On vzw? Not much on terms of android phones. The next big release will probably be the bionic in the summer. Att has the atrix coming in a few weeks if you want to go with them. I'll leave the debate on which phone is better to another forum.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

craigboy

Reaction score

The good news here is HTC has been historically very good when it comes to updating their flagship phones. The EVO was the first phone on any carrier to update to froyo.

P7M8

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this has been previously mentioned, but the retail exclusive thing just means Best Buys will be the only physical stores you can get the TB from other than the VZW stores. Verizon stores will still sell the phone, at the same time. There is no basis whatsoever for thinking BB will get the phone before the Verizon stores.
I see I'm a little late to the party there :icon_eek:

Yes, but there are still people in this thread that cannot grasp that concept.

PikaCane

Reaction score
I work for Geek Squad as a home installer in the Raleigh area of North Carolina and just touched base with our mobile phone representatives. The release date for our store in Garner, NC is set for the 24th. I've been lurking the forum for a few months now and figured it would be cool to give you guys a heads up! I looked for myself as well and shows ship dates have already been fulfilled and that phones are on hand.

Too funny, that's the one I preordered from.

Reaction score
The screen grab & comments on the phandroid website indicate a Feb 21 release.

Did anyone else see comment #9 on that page??

9.John wrote on February 16, 2011
I’m a best buy manager and we have the HTC Thunderbolt. The phone is coming out for sale on February 17th.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I know not to get my hopes up but.... damn, that would be sweet to get a call today or tomorrow from BB to come in and pick up my TB.

I didn't want to say anything because it's all speculation and clearly Best Buy is not reliable with these dates. But still, my fiance also works for Best Buy and told me her mobile department is saying the 17th.

All I have to say at this point is: "Pics, or it didn't happen."
"In-stock" date of 2/21 does not mean 2/17, or even 2/21 will be the day they start selling it. My money is still on 2/24, with the possibility of an "official" announcement tomorrow (but don't hold me to that). And I'm leaning towards same day for both BB and VZW. If they're all shipping out of Taiwan around the same time, they will probably get them around the same time, and thus start selling them at the same time.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
How about a birthday release for me (Feb 20)? It's a Sunday, but hey, it's my birthday.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Haha its my birthday too and this is my b-day present from my hubby. I really believe its coming on the 24th though. The Verizon commercial for the TB started running in Tucson last night.

PikaCane

Reaction score
My NE2 is February 20, but my contract isn't up until November. Presuming a release date on or after the 20th, does anyone know if BB will give me a one year contract? Not sure if I need to cancel the preorder and go directly through VZW.

Reaction score

The following phones are on the horizon for VZW: Samsung Stealth, LG Revolution, Motorola Bionic (best competitor for TB, but not rumored to release until June-ish), X2, and D3. I have not heard of any others that are definitely coming to VZW yet, and it is not really clear exactly when they will all release yet.

In fact, the latest REAL evidence implies the 21st which is a screenshot of a best but computer screen saying that is the in stock date.

Honestly, and take this with a grain of salt....hasn't BB fuddled enough on this to lose all credibility?

Even if Best Buy has it on their shelves ready to go on the 21st, that does NOT mean they can sell them.

That screen also said in stock the 14th previously, how did that work out for everyone?

Word.

Reaction score

The good news here is HTC has been historically very good when it comes to updating their flagship phones. The EVO was the first phone on any carrier to update to froyo.

I read somewhere that HTC gets updates first before all other manufacturers, so we can expect to update to Gingerbread on our TBs quite soon after release.

the dev support on this device is going to be ridiculous.

I agree, I'm looking forward to seeing this as well. XDA developers rooting the pre-production model was definitely a really good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.