Htc posts ics info again

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can only bypass Verizon if you did the update via download. If they do it via OTA then they need Verizon. I say all updates should be downloaded and if Verizon wants their software put it on Google play.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Actually I meant fingerprints on the updates not delivery method. Are you saying Verizon decides when and what Nexus updates look like?
My wifi Galaxy Tab is still awaiting Samsung to push their ics update as well. I can't blame that on Verizon since it's not carrier supported and I actually don't think Samsung is totally at fault.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

maximum

Reaction score
Actually I meant fingerprints on the updates not delivery method. Are you saying Verizon decides when and what Nexus updates look like?
My wifi Galaxy Tab is still awaiting Samsung to push their ics update as well. I can't blame that on Verizon since it's not carrier supported and I actually don't think Samsung is totally at fault.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

About the Nexus, I am only saying Verizon determines when the OTA is pushed. Any maker that needs a carrier to push an update is at there mercy.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
My guess it late August or early September for Ics

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

HowardZ

Reaction score
My guess is that when Verizon stops selling the HTC rezound Verizon will simultaneously stop fussing over the ICS OTA, and it just won't happen at all. why bother when the phone is out of production?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because of the two "leaks", I'm betting 10 to 1 that the version HTC posted is the same as the OTA -- I was confident about it the first time, but after it happened again, there's no doubt in my mind.

mike7728

Reaction score
HowardZ said:
My guess is that when Verizon stops selling the HTC rezound Verizon will simultaneously stop fussing over the ICS OTA, and it just won't happen at all. why bother when the phone is out of production?

They will lose a lot of customers,including one right here,if there is one thing I can't stand,its a unhonest m'fer

cdm369

Reaction score
If Verizon wasn't favoring one particular brand(moto), a lot of other devices would have already been updated.

Snoking

Reaction score
cdm369 said:
If Verizon wasn't favoring one particular brand(moto), a lot of other devices would have already been updated.

While justice is looking at that they should look under the covers of phone pricing also. I just do not believe a smart phone cost 400-600 dollars.

mike7728

Reaction score
Snoking said:
While justice is looking at that they should look under the covers of phone pricing also. I just do not believe a smart phone cost 400-600 dollars.

Hell u can buy a decent laptop for that much.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Hell u can buy a decent laptop for that much.

But keep in mind, today's smartphone are equal to or outperform a lot of those bargain laptops you'll find at that price. At least in the $200-$400 range.

NOT that I'm saying it's cool, but I think what makes cell phones so expensive isn't the hardware inside for the phone itself but the radio/wireless capabilities in such a small form. For instance, I have a pair of wireless headphones. If they weren't wireless, they'd probably cost about $120-$150. I bought them for $250. Wireless technology/satellites etc ARE expensive, we just don't think about it because it's such a common thing.

Also, they know people will buy the next best thing, no matter the price. That's why smartphone prices usually drop so rapidly within just a few month. I do agree a smartphone should be no more than $200, especially with a contract, MAYBE $350ish without. But the fact is, technology in a compact form is not easy to make and requires a lot of high tech stuff/staff to create. Mass production =/= simple, but new technology = expensive. This is the way of life. Sad, but true.

Let's just be glad we don't live in the future generation of marketing and advertisement. Otherwise, contracts are ESSENTIAL, and the only way to get a cheaper phone would be to take 100 random surveys and sign up for 50 website memberships so they can spam your phone with holographic notifications about their upcoming half off sale on flying couches.

Last edited:

mike7728

Reaction score
k1ngr4t said:
But keep in mind, today's smartphone are equal to or outperform a lot of those bargain laptops you'll find at that price. At least in the $200-$400 range.

NOT that I'm saying it's cool, but I think what makes cell phones so expensive isn't the hardware inside for the phone itself but the radio/wireless capabilities in such a small form. For instance, I have a pair of wireless headphones. If they weren't wireless, they'd probably cost about $120-$150. I bought them for $250. Wireless technology/satellites etc ARE expensive, we just don't think about it because it's such a common thing.

Also, they know people will buy the next best thing, no matter the price. That's why smartphone prices usually drop so rapidly within just a few month. I do agree a smartphone should be no more than $200, especially with a contract, MAYBE $350ish without. But the fact is, technology in a compact form is not easy to make and requires a lot of high tech stuff/staff to create. Mass production =/= simple, but new technology = expensive. This is the way of life. Sad, but true.

Let's just be glad we don't live in the future generation of marketing and advertisement. Otherwise, contracts are ESSENTIAL, and the only way to get a cheaper phone would be to take 100 random surveys and sign up for 50 website memberships so they can spam your phone with holographic notifications about their upcoming half off sale on flying couches.

I understand where u r coming from,I'm just saying bigger screen of course with a laptop,u can text with it,burn CDs,sync music to a thumb drive,or movies and have plenty of space left,u know where I'm getting at,I'm not going to ramble on,I think we r on the same page,over priced is over priced,I don't have the money to buy the greatest cell phone out to date without a upgrade,just wish Verizon would look at the whole picture,not a quarter of it,if that.

hydro556

Reaction score
Sheesh, some of you people scare me. Are you suggesting the government should involve its corrupt self in phone pricing?

WTF? The reason this is such a great nation is our constitution and capitalism. The market dictates price. The government needs to be figuring out how to shring to about 10% of its current size, not extending its tentacles into the cell phone pricing game. For Gods sake people, calm down and let the market work.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
hydro556 said:
Sheesh, some of you people scare me. Are you suggesting the government should involve its corrupt self in phone pricing?

WTF? The reason this is such a great nation is our constitution and capitalism. The market dictates price. The government needs to be figuring out how to shring to about 10% of its current size, not extending its tentacles into the cell phone pricing game. For Gods sake people, calm down and let the market work.

Amen!

cdm369

Reaction score
hydro556 said:

Exactly!!! If you think its screwed up now, let the government get involved. They screw up everything they touch.

HowardZ

Reaction score
Well, I was exaggerating.

I am not a lawyer, but I'd bet it violates current trade, antitrust, or commerce laws if Verizon is purposely trying to keep HTC sales low and Motorola sales high by refusing to distribute nor load new operating systems for HTC phones provided by HTC. Same goes for instructing salespeople to only sell an HTC phone when the customer won't buy a Motorola phone. However, I think it will fall on HTC to file claims and lawsuits that it lost sales and profits due to Verizon violating antitrust laws.

But, what do I know about legal matters?

We own the best phone, but Verizon discriminates against it to keep its sales low. Who, today, would buy a phone with Gingerbread loaded on it?

Remember what happened to Microsoft for favoring its own web browser over others like Mozilla Netscape (firefox)? And these web browsers were all free software. Not an exact comparison, but if Verizon is taking actions to keep HTC sales down, favoring Motorola, I don't think it will take new laws nor a new government agency to be created to investigate and determine what is wrong.

Last edited: