Snoking

Reaction score
I purchased a tablet two weeks ago! One of my requirements was ice! Chris

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
HowardZ said:
Well, I was exaggerating.

I am not a lawyer, but I'd bet it violates current trade, antitrust, or commerce laws if Verizon is purposely trying to keep HTC sales low and Motorola sales high by refusing to distribute nor load new operating systems for HTC phones provided by HTC. Same goes for instructing salespeople to only sell an HTC phone when the customer won't buy a Motorola phone. However, I think it will fall on HTC to file claims and lawsuits that it lost sales and profits due to Verizon violating antitrust laws.

But, what do I know about legal matters?

We own the best phone, but Verizon discriminates against it to keep its sales low. Who, today, would buy a phone with Gingerbread loaded on it?

Remember what happened to Microsoft for favoring its own web browser over others like Mozilla Netscape (firefox)? And these web browsers were all free software. Not an exact comparison, but if Verizon is taking actions to keep HTC sales down, favoring Motorola, I don't think it will take new laws nor a new government agency to be created to investigate and determine what is wrong.

This is the reason HTC kept the one x from Verizon, they already have their hands full with Apple, not going to fight Verizon, just keep your latest phone off the carrier. Look what Verizon had Samsung do to their S3 version of the phone "locked bootloader", phone manufacturers hate the US carriers. The carriers in the US control what type of phone you will own, and Verizon tops the list of control freaks.

maximum

Reaction score
Sheesh, some of you people scare me. Are you suggesting the government should involve its corrupt self in phone pricing?

WTF? The reason this is such a great nation is our constitution and capitalism. The market dictates price. The government needs to be figuring out how to shring to about 10% of its current size, not extending its tentacles into the cell phone pricing game. For Gods sake people, calm down and let the market work.

The market work? When would that happen in an oligopoly style cellphone market? Maybe you think the market will bring down healthcare costs as well. Government only needs to enforce current laws, that is if Obama hasn't screwed that up too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

dzuchowski

Reaction score
Well, I was exaggerating.

I am not a lawyer, but I'd bet it violates current trade, antitrust, or commerce laws if Verizon is purposely trying to keep HTC sales low and Motorola sales high by refusing to distribute nor load new operating systems for HTC phones provided by HTC. Same goes for instructing salespeople to only sell an HTC phone when the customer won't buy a Motorola phone. However, I think it will fall on HTC to file claims and lawsuits that it lost sales and profits due to Verizon violating antitrust laws.

But, what do I know about legal matters?

We own the best phone, but Verizon discriminates against it to keep its sales low. Who, today, would buy a phone with Gingerbread loaded on it?

Remember what happened to Microsoft for favoring its own web browser over others like Mozilla Netscape (firefox)? And these web browsers were all free software. Not an exact comparison, but if Verizon is taking actions to keep HTC sales down, favoring Motorola, I don't think it will take new laws nor a new government agency to be created to investigate and determine what is wrong.

well one thing is that vzw can say is that due to device performance.... like they did on the desire hd... granted the desire hd is an older phone about 2 years old but still... and i am i sure that vzw may get higher commissions from moto sales so that could be one reason that they push the moto brand more....

dasmas360

Reaction score
Because of the two "leaks", I'm betting 10 to 1 that the version HTC posted is the same as the OTA -- I was confident about it the first time, but after it happened again, there's no doubt in my mind.

I checked the link post that shows the version numbers of the pending OTA with the ones on my phone after I installed the leaked ICS. The software numbers are the same.

acousticshade

Reaction score
I just think its sad when a company makes a better product and an inferior product outsells it. Usually due to marketing and/or back room deals.

Anyone remember the Amiga? That thing was hands down better than any ibm in the 1980's. Unfortunately, Atari self destructed & they never sold many. I remember buying my first ibm after owning an Amiga & thinking why did I just take a step backward?