Htc posts ics info again

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
Well they have posted it up again. The info about the impending ics update was posted on htc again. Don't get to excited. Verizon hasn't said a thing. My guess is still an early August release. My guess is htc is trying to make a point that they are good to go. So now its on Verizon......better not hold your breath

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Well they have posted it up again. The info about the impending ics update was posted on htc again. Don't get to excited. Verizon hasn't said a thing. My guess is still an early August release. My guess is htc is trying to make a point that they are good to go. So now its on Verizon......better not hold your breath

Link?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I heard we'd be getting ICS early(or late) summer....2013, just after Krispy Kreme is released.:blink:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Just in case I made sure that my pics and music were backed up. When it finally hits I really hope that it is the last leak. I'm always worried that VZ will mess it up by disabling some features that came with the leak like freezing bloat.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Alchemist945

Reaction score
All my pics and stuff is on my sd card will the update affect my sd card

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

HowardZ

Reaction score
The leak wiped the internal sd, but left the sd card alone.

that was my experience.

I really wanted the OTA,
but after finally installing the leak
which works so very well,
my feelings are who needs Verizon, their games, and their beloved OTA?

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd fall over laughing if Verizon handed out a download URL to an RUU instead of sending the update OTA.

HowardZ

Reaction score
I bet HTC does all the upgrade work, and Verizon just adds bloat and has the final QA signoff.

Or more likely Verizon isn't smart enough to add the bloat, and gets HTC to do it?

Verizon is just an unnecessary broken gear in the machinery.

I think my next phone will be a Google nexus device

Last edited:

HowardZ

Reaction score
I have read that some galaxy nexus owners are complaining about Verizon holding up the jelly beans OTA.

Maybe we chose the wrong cell phone company?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have read that some galaxy nexus owners are complaining about Verizon holding up the jelly beans OTA.

Maybe we chose the wrong cell phone company?

I thought the reason for the nexus was to bypass Verizon and Samsung, that updates came straight from Google.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

maximum

Reaction score
I thought the reason for the nexus was to bypass Verizon and Samsung, that updates came straight from Google.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

You can only bypass Verizon if you did the update via download. If they do it via OTA then they need Verizon. I say all updates should be downloaded and if Verizon wants their software put it on Google play.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Just putting it out there, but the Bionic was waiting for an OTA a few months after it came out. There were probably 4-5 leaks or so prior, and it was actually the second one that was the official OTA. So it's possible a leak will be the official version, but it might not be the latest. Just fyi...

I have faith in this rumor though, this is about the time they've been saying since January, end of Q2 ish, so I'm going to stay optimistic. It's actually pretty easy when you just sit back and enjoy Gingerbread with a hint of TSF shell...