HTC and Verizon

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Back before the iPhone LG was king at Verizon, Moto was the red headed step child ,and Samsung was just there, barely. Then there was Pantech. Poor Pantech.
Right now the Droid name is king,a household slogan like "can you hear me now?" was. Moto and Droid go hand in hand at helping Verizon roll in the dough of their current and future cash cow, that being data revenues.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Back before the iPhone LG was king at Verizon, Moto was the red headed step child ,and Samsung was just there, barely. Then there was Pantech. Poor Pantech.
Right now the Droid name is king,a household slogan like "can you hear me now?" was. Moto and Droid go hand in hand at helping Verizon roll in the dough of their current and future cash cow, that being data revenues.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

for the longest time I was on ATT being that I was one if the first to get an iphone. before that I was overseas in the military so I wasn't up on the scene. I admit I was once one of those guys you thought was a smug bastard about his iphone lol. then I wanted something more from my smartphone money. so I left and went with droid phones on Verizon. never knew LG and pantech were once big names in verizon. I knew HTC was on the brink of something big though. I just hope they get on Verizon good side and make some substantial gains in order to stay relevant on this carrier.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon favors Motorola. It seems like they have some kind of business arrangement where Motorola will try to fulfill all of Verizons requests in return for free advertising from Verizon. Also I can tell you Verizon probably doesn't like the fact that you can unlock an HTC phone via the HTCdev website.

It is also more difficult to adapt a phone that is gsm for the rest of the world to cdma/LTE for a smaller American market. There seems to be more hurdles to jump for a phone to be released on Verizon rather than on At&t.

Att though has been favoring Samsung lately, with at least 4 different phones being released since fall (and more to come). They have only had one HTC device released since then.

The One model HTC phones look great, but the Rezound has lasting power. It's a great phone and it will take some really reallt awesome specs and a more optimized version of the Android OS to beat it. The real world difference between processors, ram, screen, build on these new devices will not be very noticeable IMO.

Verizon favors Moto because Moto saved their behinds. Verizon was in danger of losing to AT&T and the iPhone and the Droid and Droid X brought Big Red back from the brink.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's right I overlooked that. It was Motorola, VZW and Google who got together in the first place. I wish Verizon wasn't so Moto heavy though. I almost switched because of the feeling alienated by Moto. The Bionic was a waste of my time and money. HTC is a smarter company and Verizon should invest some more time in them.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still all about buying the best hardware and letting the wonderful Android devs figure the rest out. Good hardware always will grab a few devs.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
for the longest time I was on ATT being that I was one if the first to get an iphone. before that I was overseas in the military so I wasn't up on the scene. I admit I was once one of those guys you thought was a smug bastard about his iphone lol. then I wanted something more from my smartphone money. so I left and went with droid phones on Verizon. never knew LG and pantech were once big names in verizon. I knew HTC was on the brink of something big though. I just hope they get on Verizon good side and make some substantial gains in order to stay relevant on this carrier.

Before the iphone ( not just on Verizon but in general ) smartphones were a nitch market and not main stream like today. LG at any given time would have half a dozen models of dumbphone being pushed heavily, Moto had the Razr, Samsung had a couple at a time at most and Pantech would have a couple shoved off in a corner somewhere.
I'll just skip the whole isheep debate

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy via Blue Tapatalk

OP
C

cp24eva

Reaction score
Yeah, Moto has always been successful with their razr phone, the normal phones that it. When it comes to smart phones its a different story. It's samsung and apple. Other are just really fitting in and eating off the land at this point. I just hate how inefficient some of these phones are. with the spec and tech they have these days, you'd think they'd give the consumer more battery life. Nope. They want you to buy an extended battery. people use their phones for alot these days. Before you'd pretty much just call and text. Now we got movies, sportcasts, words with friends, games, music, etc. No one has figured out tech to get a decent sized phone with a long battery life. Well, I mean looks like moto has probably found it.

shockracer

Reaction score
Oh, I know trying to keep up is a complete hassle, but that's not my point. My point is that Verizon doesn't favor HTC like it does Sammy and Moto.
But thats another thing that bothers me....companies making phone with different specs on different carriers. Why couldn't they have a phone, but simply just a carrier specific variant? Same specs, but the technology built in order to operate on the different carriers. Maybe my way of thinkin is too linear and I don't see the big picture lol. That's why i don't work for the OEMs.

It's called the IPhone lmao. Who would want one of those slow, out dated phones.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple and the iPhone started it all "actually it was the iPod Touch", then one of the big shots on the engineering side in Apple left and went to Google "and told Jobs to shove it", and hence we have Android "android was an idea at Apple before it got to Google" reason for all the lawsuits between Apple and Android, I still remember the first Nexus smartphone by Google build by HTC, the Nexus 1, one of my friends had it, it looked weird with that slanted chin, but that was the beginning of Android, I owned a Motorola Razr at the time, who would have thought back then "not even 4 years ago" that Android would get so big like it is today, the future looks :icon_ banana: