HTC Rezound ICS Update??????

Bochoa

Reaction score
Hey, I just recently got a htc rezound and have not been off the thing since I got it, I really do love this phone and do not see myself getting rid of it soon, but when is the ics android 4.0 suppose to becoming out, I got really exciting when I saw it on htc's web page, but sadly it was a false statement, is VZW holding up the update, or does anyone know when it is coming out, I really don't want to do the leaks, rather have it legit, thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

cdm369

Reaction score
Bochoa said:
Hey, I just recently got a htc rezound and have not been off the thing since I got it, I really do love this phone and do not see myself getting rid of it soon, but when is the ics android 4.0 suppose to becoming out, I got really exciting when I saw it on htc's web page, but sadly it was a false statement, is VZW holding up the update, or does anyone know when it is coming out, I really don't want to do the leaks, rather have it legit, thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

No one is sure when it will be released. It should be any time now. Our best guess is Verizon is sitting on it until the updates for the razor and maxx are rolled out. Those updates are rolling out this week. Verizon is less forthcoming with their info on other phones. That's all we know. On another note you will love the Rezound. It's awesome!!!

Xander Crews

Reaction score

Ordered my Rezound yesterday...$79.99 + the extended battery.

Can't wait until it gets here.

How is your battery life? That is the only real complaint I am hearing about it...which is why I got the extended battery.
And personally, I think the thickness of the phone is a benefit, not a drawback. Fits better in the hand and stuff like that. I'm coming from a Droid 2, so I'm used to a slightly thicker phone.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score

How is your battery life? That is the only real complaint I am hearing about it...which is why I got the extended battery.
And personally, I think the thickness of the phone is a benefit, not a drawback. Fits better in the hand and stuff like that. I'm coming from a Droid 2, so I'm used to a slightly thicker phone.
You are going to love the phone, especially when it get's infused with ICS, in regards to the battery, the standard is not so bad, if you are going to be around a charger, no need for the extended, the only time I install my extended battery is when I know I will not be around a charger "like the beach, park, long night out", even then my car has a charger, so does my office, and my house:biggrin:

JeffDenver

Reaction score

I am running the official ICS leak with extended battery. I can get 12 to 14 hours easy through normal use (not turning brightness down, not turning off 4G). I have gotten 24 before.

OP
B

Bochoa

Reaction score
This is probably going to be a stupid question, but I am dying to know is the ice update just like the ics in the app store??????? Sorry for all the questions but I read these forums a lot, and you guys seem to know more about phones and updates than Verizon

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bochoa said:
This is probably going to be a stupid question, but I am dying to know is the ice update just like the ics in the app store??????? Sorry for all the questions but I read these forums a lot, and you guys seem to know more about phones and updates than Verizon

No you can not get ICS in the app store, ICS is an OS " operating system" update, it is not an app.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums

OP
B

Bochoa

Reaction score
Then what is the ics app in the market place suppose to be

Xander Crews

Reaction score

Your phone will let you know when you can download it. It will prompt you when it's available.

mike7728

Reaction score
Bochoa said:
Then what is the ics app in the market place suppose to be

It's probably a launcher,if u go that route,I recommend go launcher ex,then download the go launcher ics theme,works good on my Rezound

OP
B

Bochoa

Reaction score
I really want Tue update though, and don't understand why VZW won't let HTC take this one, they deserve it, they have created a phone that has surpassed all of the moto phones

mike7728

Reaction score
Bochoa said:
I really want Tue update though, and don't understand why VZW won't let HTC take this one, they deserve it, they have created a phone that has surpassed all of the moto phones

I'm with ya on that,I got tired of getting the run around and flashed the latest leak and its awesome.

cdm369

Reaction score
Bochoa said:

That's why they won't do it. People love the rezound and that's not good for them to allow ics on it before 2 of their more prominent moto devices. Htc's slip up announcement(hahaha) was their way of putting the ball in verizons court.

OP
B

Bochoa

Reaction score
Maybe Verizon should switch to htc only, I thought Motorola, Google, and Verizon would make good phones, soo far I liked the og Droid the best, and I don't see them updating that phone any time soon, and yet they get showed up by one company, and thier possibly greatest phone ever

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon does not want to upset Motto, they have invested boat loads of $ into advertising Motto to death, God forbid the Rezound gets the ICS update first, the Motto community will be up in arms, thank God for us HTC owners, we can download the ICS "may it be leaks" whenever we want, something Motto owners can not.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with ICS using Droid Forums