how to unroot/get rid of clockwork recovery mod (green screen when i turn on my phone

googlepimp

Reaction score
Hi, I have a motorolla droid 2 global the system version is 2.4 and android version is 2.2
So, a friend rooted my phone and showed me this new background screen, it looked completelyy different, it looked like one of those other android phones not the droid ones. I told him i didn't like it so i told him to go back to normal and he did. However, he said he didnt know how to unroot and get rid of the clockwork recovery mod or the superuser. I was looking at videos on youtube and googling a way to get rid of it. I found a way to get rid of the superuser claiming that the way is getting rid of the root also>> that thing is called like z4root so i used it to unroot... super user went away but the clockwork recovery mod green/black screen when i turn on my phone stayed. So, my question is how do i get rid of it? i've seem many other posts on this forum like it but I dont understand what any of that means becauses i'm kind of new to this stuff. I looked at this one <http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/94968-unrooted-needing-help-removing-clockworkmod-recovery.html>. However, I really didnt understand how to do it so please if someone could explain to me in a simple way, i dont understand all these words like ota or su and apk. So please help me! here is my question again .. how do i get rid of the clockwork recovery mod(green screen that pops up everytime i turn on my phone, i have to click reboot now to get out of it). Please help me!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a motorolla droid 2 global the system version is 2.4 and android version is 2.2
So, a friend rooted my phone and showed me this new background screen, it looked completelyy different, it looked like one of those other android phones not the droid ones. I told him i didn't like it so i told him to go back to normal and he did. However, he said he didnt know how to unroot and get rid of the clockwork recovery mod or the superuser. I was looking at videos on youtube and googling a way to get rid of it. I found a way to get rid of the superuser claiming that the way is getting rid of the root also>> that thing is called like z4root so i used it to unroot... super user went away but the clockwork recovery mod green/black screen when i turn on my phone stayed. So, my question is how do i get rid of it? i've seem many other posts on this forum like it but I dont understand what any of that means becauses i'm kind of new to this stuff. I looked at this one <http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/94968-unrooted-needing-help-removing-clockworkmod-recovery.html>. However, I really didnt understand how to do it so please if someone could explain to me in a simple way, i dont understand all these words like ota or su and apk. So please help me! here is my question again .. how do i get rid of the clockwork recovery mod(green screen that pops up everytime i turn on my phone, i have to click reboot now to get out of it). Please help me!

You my friend are about to discover the joys of sbf. But you won't be learning that from me, you will be discussing that with another person because I don't know how to sbf a D2G.

I'll keep an eye out for you though, and try to get someone to help you. We may end up moving this thread again.

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
thank you very much

thank you very much... although i realy dont know what u mean my sbf lol but thank you for making an effort to look for people to help me

chrisl20

Reaction score
Same d2g hacks forum section...look under" questions about sbf'ing" I went and elaborated the entire process out step by step

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
If your unrooted just do a factory reset that will take your phone back to stock. Without clockwork. Though you can get into the regular recovery even if you have clockwork on your phone (hold power and home button until you see the DROID guy then press the search button) was your phone always booting into clockwork?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

not sure if my phone is still rooted or not however superuser is gone because i used something called z4root which claims to unroot but not sure if it does. A friend rooted my phone and showed me this new screen idk what it was but it looked like a old/new normal android background screen ui or something but it was blazzzzing fast. I didn't like it so i told him to make it go back to normal.. he did it, he said he didnt know how 2 unroot or get rid of clockwork mod so no my phone wawsnt always booying into clockwork. i think my friend got clockwork or something idk lol.

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
Same d2g hacks forum section...look under" questions about sbf'ing" I went and elaborated the entire process out step by step

uhm what is sbf'ing ? im kinda new to all of this stuff....i looked at ur post and i saw you said we have to download the correcet drivers and sbf and rsdlite... where do i get this?

biknut1

Reaction score
Where are they?

uhm what is sbf'ing ? im kinda new to all of this stuff....i looked at ur post and i saw you said we have to download the correcet drivers and sbf and rsdlite... where do i get this?

You can Google for both of these, but make sure you specify D2G in your search. RSD Lite comes from Motorola- it is the software their store techs use (I read somewhere, don't know this personally) to return your phone to stock out of the box if you take it back for something.

RSD Lite is a program for your computer. It is a user interface to connect your computer and phone together so they can talk to each other. When you download it, make sure to get the latest drivers- I think version 4.9 is the latest.

SBF is a file that RSD uses for your particular phone. I had to unzip the file and place the SBF file on the root of C: with my computer before RSD could find it. The SBF for the D2G is titled Droid 2 WE (World Edition.)

To get the SBF file you will have to search again. There was a link to it on these forums but when I tried it the link was dead. Not to be deterred, I kept searching for it until I found it, but for the life of me I can't remember where it was. The searches will probably lead you back to this and some other similar forums, which will have links to it someplace in cyberspace.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
SBF is a file that RSD uses for your particular phone. I had to unzip the file and place the SBF file on the root of C: with my computer before RSD could find it. The SBF for the D2G is titled Droid 2 WE (World Edition.).
So what the difference between the WE SBF and VRZ_A956_2.4.33_1FF_01.sbf?

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score

You can Google for both of these, but make sure you specify D2G in your search. RSD Lite comes from Motorola- it is the software their store techs use (I read somewhere, don't know this personally) to return your phone to stock out of the box if you take it back for something.

RSD Lite is a program for your computer. It is a user interface to connect your computer and phone together so they can talk to each other. When you download it, make sure to get the latest drivers- I think version 4.9 is the latest.

SBF is a file that RSD uses for your particular phone. I had to unzip the file and place the SBF file on the root of C: with my computer before RSD could find it. The SBF for the D2G is titled Droid 2 WE (World Edition.)

To get the SBF file you will have to search again. There was a link to it on these forums but when I tried it the link was dead. Not to be deterred, I kept searching for it until I found it, but for the life of me I can't remember where it was. The searches will probably lead you back to this and some other similar forums, which will have links to it someplace in cyberspace.

hmm ic thank you...ttheirs a sticky on this forum i was looking at it and it has a sbf of 2.4.29 while my phone's sysstem version is 2.4.330 so will that sbf fiel work?

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You may not need to sbf to get rid of clockwork. I heard and read something about going in and changing the logwrapper file. Gotta look around though on the forums. Its there!

Sent from my rooted DROID2

chrisl20

Reaction score
Sbf=system base file....turns ur phone to out of the box fresh....use it...love it....it will update after you finish...and the steps are the same to sbf any and every phone...but, if u need a walkthro...pm me and I will assist however I can

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
do your saying this sbf will work on my droid 2.4.330?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums