Clockwork Mod- Can't get into normal recovery boot

jkidd16

Reaction score
I installed clockwork mod yesterday when i rooted the phone. But everytime i turn the poweroff and then turn the phone on, it always goes to the clockwork mod recovery screen and then i have to press reboot phone now. How do i get it to reboot normally without clockwork mod coming up?

I tried pressing "X" button on my keyboard first, and then press the "Power" button which is located on the top of my droid. But it's not working. I think im pressing the wrong power button. Which one is the power button?? I dont see anything else that could be the power button...

Reaction score
The phone will always do that with bootstrap because the bootloader is locked and this will be the only to get into clockwork recovery. Holding x and the power will take you into regular android recovery

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
This does not sound right to me. Installing RM/CW should not cause your phone to automatically boot into recovery.

I have a rooted Droid and have RM/CW installed and the only way that I get into recovery is by pressing and holding the X and power.

Perhaps bootstrap is different but this seems very odd to me.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mike, its bacause the bootloader is locked down. Its a work around so that you can actually access cm recovery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, Sapzz. So does that mean that when you power on recovery is the default?

wirecutter

Reaction score
I'm seeing the same behavior. Everytime I power on it goes into recovery and I have to reboot again to boot normally.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I understand correctly, once you bootstrap recovery it gets injected in the middle of the boot process as a security measure in case you need to get in to it when the phone is off but it seems a little spotty. When I was running black glass x theme it seemed to do it every time but now it seems to only do it if I boot in to stock recovery and reboot from there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
jkidd16

jkidd16

Reaction score
soo...Is there any way to reboot normally without the clockwork mod comin up?

OP
jkidd16

jkidd16

Reaction score
If I deny the bootstrapper in the superuser settings, will it not load anymore thus being able to boot normally without clockwork mod pooping up?

Raptor007

Reaction score
I started having this same issue yesterday shortly after rooting, but its doesn't happen every time, and it didn't seem right to me either. My concern is it could happen when I take my D2G in for service and get denied even though I would have unrooted first.

TeePwn

Reaction score
Was this never resolved? I've been searching and this is the only thread specific to d2g related to this issue...

If I uninstall droid 2 recovery bootstrap would that fix it? Then I could just reinstall it if I need to recover. Or will my rom not load anymore?

I'm not worried about losing anything I can just copy the backup I made before flashing the rom, and I have everything I need to flash the .sbf if I need to.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
do a battery pull/then replace. Open keyboard and press x and the power button. This should boot you into stock recovery mode.
D2 bootstrapper should not affect this.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

kevdliu

Reaction score
go to the droid bootstrapper app and select first button (not the reboot one). After the success message reboot again and see if it boots normally. I personally do not recommend this because if android bootloops theres no way for you to enter recovery.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
If you are trying to get it to stop rebooting to recovery then.
Open d2 bootstrapper
Choose bootstrap recovery
Close bootstraper ( do not reboot)
Open a terminal manager and type
Su ( enter)
Reboot ( enter)

This should solve it.
Thanks to fennux for that advice.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

TeePwn

Reaction score
Cool thanks for quick responses guys!

This is an intermittent issue, it's been booting normally since I posted. It was plugged into the wall charging when it last kept happening, I wonder if that affected anything?

And what's with this battery screen it would sometimes boot to? Who is that useful for? I would try to turn my phone on and instead it would show me a battery with green liquid, then I would have to turn it off and on again. Why should turning my phone on take 2 tries?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums