how to unroot/get rid of clockwork recovery mod (green screen when i turn on my phone

chrisl20

Reaction score
Can always try to get the hijack file deleted, and if it doesn't work...then sbf as a last ditch effort

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
hm so for,root explorer wil I need to ever,use,my computer or do I just download the app and search for that file

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

chrisl20

Reaction score
..root explorer is for ur phone...so you don't need ur comp...unless ur doin an sbf....hooking ur phone up to ur pc to look for the logwrapper and hijack file is just and extra step

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
isnt root explorer paid app?

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
hm does my phone need to be rooted in order to use root explorer?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think so. Its the only way to access root system files. The logwrapper file is most definitely a root system file if im not mistaken. Its in system/bin I believe. There is a post that tells exactly how to do it. Just gotta look

Sent from my rooted DROID2

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
Bootstrapper =clockwork recovery,...the droid2/x/global version....and* 228 may not initially work, it didn't for me...it brought me to a collect call menu, so I hadto pull my battery for 30 seconds and try again...it worked, but idk if the verizon rep I was talking to opened my device up for reactivation or it was just the batt pull...either way... ...and the BEST way to find that thread...is the search button....this entire thread subject is elsewhere also

so in the part where u went to the collect call menu.. did u eventually get connected to a verizon rep and thats when you pulled out your battery? or did u pull out your battery right away the *228 didnt work, and before you got connected to a verizon rep?

chrisl20

Reaction score
No, sorry..... after sbf'ing I tried to* 228 and was unable to..it brought up a menu saying 'press 1 to make a collect call, 2 to put minutes on this phone w a credit card'...so, after trying that twice. I called verizon cust support, she told me, pull my battery for 30 seconds and try* 228 again...it worked,..I don't know if she activated the phone to the system again or if it just needed a good reset...either way...im sending this message from my phone...so...it worked

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
No, sorry..... after sbf'ing I tried to* 228 and was unable to..it brought up a menu saying 'press 1 to make a collect call, 2 to put minutes on this phone w a credit card'...so, after trying that twice. I called verizon cust support, she told me, pull my battery for 30 seconds and try* 228 again...it worked,..I don't know if she activated the phone to the system again or if it just needed a good reset...either way...im sending this message from my phone...so...it worked

alright ic thank you very much I feel better knowing that
oh ya and what exactly did u say to the verizon rep? just wondering lol

Last edited:

chrisl20

Reaction score
I said that I simply had to do a factory reset(didn't give details why) and when I did I couldn't activate it...the lady didn't dig deep as to why...but, its her job to fix it, not play detective

OP
G

googlepimp

Reaction score
Alright thank you