Help with unrooting

czervick212

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer to this is lying somewhere but i literally cant find it, and i've been searching for days.
SO.
Just got my d2g and loved it, rooted it via superoneclick (thanks lifehacker)
so I did that then I installed the bootstrapper.
Decided that I hate being rooted and want to get rid of it.
Go into superoneclick and click unroot
Success!
however every time i turn on the damn phone it still goes into freaking clockwork recovery and it is irritating the hell out of me. Also, when i go into actual recovery i literally can't get the menu to come up. mashed volume up and camera for about five minutes, nothing ever happened.
Thank you guys so much, I greatly appreciate it. for the record the reason I hate root is because im paranoid beyond belief and the idea of potentially wrecking my phone pretty much made we want to cry. Also I wanna be able to get the gingerbread ota update without ****ing my phone. ANYWAY THANKS GUYS TALK TO YOU SOON.

Last edited:

gmorgan056

Reaction score
So I recently had to send my phone back to verizon and had to unroot it as well. This is what I did, after unrooting it via z4root. Basically, you have to find the FroYo 2.2 update.zip and reinstall that. Google FroYo 2.2 and flash it. This will put it back to stock and remove any traces of being rooted. I guess your next problem would be figuring out how to get into recovery to do it. The only thing i can think of is to reroot, and download Rom Manager. It has an option to boot into recovery. Then apply the update.zip.

OP
C

czervick212

Reaction score
Alright ill try all that. Flashing includes wiping cache and all that stuff right? And clockwork has to option to apply update.zip doesn't it? Also, how do you get to sf? I've been reading a lot about it but I could never find it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No need to sbf. While rooted do this. Go into root explorer or a root file manager and go to system/bin. Find the hijack file. Delete it. Now delete the logwrapper file and rename the logwrapper.bin file to just logwrapper. That will remove it

If you still want to sbf, go ahead. I'll be happy to help you if I can

One more thing. What con is there in root? It does nothing bad to your phone. It just makes it truly your phone.
Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

Last edited:
OP
C

czervick212

Reaction score
Yeah ive been trying that method but every time I try and delete hijack(i'm using explorer, not root explorer) it says hijack cannot be deleted because the file system is read-only. for the record I rerooted with z4root. and I don't really see a con, i'm just nervous in case I have to take it back in that theyll be like you tampered with it sorry dude.

Last edited:
OP
C

czervick212

Reaction score
I might have accidentally solved my problem in a very strange way. So i was accepting the fact that I was rooted and was going to try and flash liberty. I go into rom manager and click flash clockworkmod Recovery. I rebooted my phone from paranoia and low and behold the screen didn't pop up. i wonder why that worked...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason it does not pop up is because you need to bootstrap first! Don't use rom manager! You need to bootstrap your recovery first. That app doesn't play well with phones that have locked bootloaders. Also, in root explorer at the top there is the option to change to reas-write so you can delete those files

Last edited:
OP
C

czervick212

Reaction score
why? do you mean just for liberty and use liberty toolbox donate instead? or dont use rom manager in general?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
In general. Use d2 bootstrap recovery only. I only use d2 bootstrap. I don't even use the toolbox to auto flash. I don't trust it and I've seen too many issues with others. If you want liberty, dl the file and put in on the root of the sd. Then use bootstraper and boot into clockwork. Now wipe data and install zip from sd.

OP
C

czervick212

Reaction score
thats how i got the clockwork recovery in the first place! gahhhhh. anyway I just installed rootexplorer and I don't see the reas write option. On top the only option is Mount R/W... that means read/write doesnt it... god im a lightweight hahahaha. hate being new

OP
C

czervick212

Reaction score
alright I deleted those files using the mount r/w. wow that was amateur hahaha. thanks a ton man youre a real life saver. Now that I know how to do that,it says your on liberty, howd you go about all that? just realized you answered that, nevermind hahaha)

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah you need boostrapper to flash a rom and you just deleted it! Haha. If you do want to get on a rom someday, just try reinstalling bootstrap. No worries though man, we all learn in these forums. I'm still relatively new as well (about 6 months)

OP
C

czervick212

Reaction score
Alright I have another question. Since I deleted hijack and logwrapper, can I delete the folder on my phone? I have usb debugging enabled and was looking through my phone and saw a clockworkrecovery folder. I haven't deleted it yet for obvious reasons, but yeah, would it do anything to my phone if i did that? i'd like my space back ahhahha