How To: Root your Motorola DROID Bionic

wooddale

Reaction score
im a little new to this but what is a 893? and what is a a path saver??

thanks for replying!
893 would be what system you are on if you look in about phone and you recieved the latest update it should say 5.5.893 if it does that is why Petes root wont work it is for the old OTA 5.5.886. You need to read up on how to root on 893 there a couple of ways to hard to explain just google it. Any more questions please ask.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I have a one click root method I used to root 893. If you need I can give you the file and help you root. Just message me.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

Monkey74

Reaction score
Ok, I need some help. I installed the drivers and used the first method listed here, it went through the process and it said: congratulations, you're phone is rooted. I checked the phone, no superuser.

I then used the second method (Pete's) and right at: Running exploit step 3 of 3, it generates error: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method
Try again from the start, but the problem continues, check your version of Gingerbread.

I have a Bionic and any help would be greatly appreciated.

wooddale

Reaction score
Ok, I need some help. I installed the drivers and used the first method listed here, it went through the process and it said: congratulations, you're phone is rooted. I checked the phone, no superuser.

I then used the second method (Pete's) and right at: Running exploit step 3 of 3, it generates error: adb could not be granted root access via local.prop method
Try again from the start, but the problem continues, check your version of Gingerbread.

Are you on 893 or 886?

wooddale

Reaction score

Here is a root for 893I just got from Debrad Motorola DROID Bionic Rooted with one-click-root [Download] | Android Community

attitude2.3

Reaction score
893 would be what system you are on if you look in about phone and you recieved the latest update it should say 5.5.893 if it does that is why Petes root wont work it is for the old OTA 5.5.886. You need to read up on how to root on 893 there a couple of ways to hard to explain just google it. Any more questions please ask.

I got it, and my phone is rooted! Thanks!

wooddale

Reaction score
I believe that's the one I tried first, that's the one that in the end it says: congratulations, your phone is rooted, but it's no. I'll give another shot and let you know.

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE
Sometimes you have to download Superuser from market. Petes wont work on 893.

Monkey74

Reaction score
I believe that's the one I tried first, that's the one that in the end it says: congratulations, your phone is rooted, but it's no. I'll give another shot and let you know.

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE
Sometimes you have to download Superuser from market. Petes wont work on 893.

I tried the one you sent and still no luck. maybe someone else has other ideas. Thanks again for the help.

countryfied2

Reaction score
Yeah, I ran this program and phone is not rooted, did I miss something? got the drivers and everything.

countryfied2

Reaction score
nvm, found out what happened. apparently done a sys update. but found a way to root it so im good.