[HOW TO] get updates on your modified Motorola DROID Bionic

deathwhitch

Reaction score
try forcing the update download again but then choose to install later. if you can't see it in the cache then it must be because you aren't rooted.

i rerooted and tried again and I still only a bunch of numbered files in the cache folder. I tried the cach folder on SDcard. SDcard-EXT and home root folder using root explorer. What does it save the update as what is the actual file name, or where can I download the official OTA update for manual install

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
i rerooted and tried again and I still only a bunch of numbered files in the cache folder. I tried the cach folder on SDcard. SDcard-EXT and home root folder using root explorer. What does it save the update as what is the actual file name, or where can I download the official OTA update for manual install

Are you trying to update to 5.5.893? Follow this link, Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method - MyDroidWorldThis is a very good tool. I haven't tried it but lots of people have had success with it. The best part is after you unzip it it has both 5.5.893 and 5.9.901updates in separate
files. You can move the 893 file to your sd card and install from stock recovery. If it fails at least you will see what is causing the failure.

deathwhitch

Reaction score
Are you trying to update to 5.5.893? Follow this link, Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method - MyDroidWorldThis is a very good tool. I haven't tried it but lots of people have had success with it. The best part is after you unzip it it has both 5.5.893 and 5.9.901updates in separate
files. You can move the 893 file to your sd card and install from stock recovery. If it fails at least you will see what is causing the failure.

Thanks thats just what I needed! The 893 update file, ill try it and see if i get any errors, crossing fingers for no

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
I am lost!! Haw to i get to fast boot and how do i open command terminal??

Droidguy0

Reaction score
So uh... Where are the System and webtop files now? Link's been dead for almost a month now.

rosystreasures

Reaction score
I had 902. Rooted with MotoFail, RM'd with Eclipse v2.2, added CoreDroid_eclipse_2.2.

The links in the OP do NOT work. I have registered with the mydroidworld, searched, and didnt find anything.

Remag_Toor

Reaction score
So when I clicked the link for #2 (2.Download this Zip (Contains both System and webtop images) Download Now) it did not work. Is there another place that I may download the .zip? I would really like to update OTA. I currently am rooted, and using the default rom. Anyway, anyone got another link to that?

Remag_Toor

Reaction score
I had 902. Rooted with MotoFail, RM'd with Eclipse v2.2, added CoreDroid_eclipse_2.2.

The links in the OP do NOT work. I have registered with the mydroidworld, searched, and didnt find anything.

try the first page from [wicked] they posted a mirror to the first link. That's where I got that one, but I'm still trying to find the seccond zip.

Remag_Toor

Reaction score
Getting to Terminal/fastboot

When OP said terminal OP meant Command prompt. So, for Vista (Hell, I hope none of you are using Vista) or 7 users just click your Start Orb and type cmd.exe For xp users Start > Run > cmd.exe

I haven't been able to try this yet because I haven't been able to download the second zip file with the .img files in it, but I think when OP said start fast boot OP just meant run "cd [path]" path being the folder your fastboot.exe file and the .img files are in, or as OP described it, Stock on the desktop. If the folder you extracted everything to is titled Stock and on your desktop, you could run "cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Stock" %USERPROFILE% is a built in windows environment variable that will add the full path to your profile in place of it. After changing the directory I think you will just be able to run fastboot.exe

Hope this helps/ I hope I'm not wrong. (I know that I'm not wrong about the windows bits)

Enjoy, and hopefully you learned something about windows/environment variables.

mattm312

Reaction score
anybody find the second zip file? my fathers bionic was rooted by someone he works with that said he would "fix" the signal drop and now he can't get the OTA update... i actually just want to unroot it but i wanted to try this...

locofocos

Reaction score
I used to be really active in all the Bionic hacks, but I've gotten a Galaxy Nexus and haven't stayed up to date. The first thing I would point anyone to at this point is definitely this- http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...c-ics-6-7-246-fxz-files-have-been-leaked.html The FXZ files for stock ICS have been leaked, so you're pretty much getting the stock ICS update from Motorola. (that page links here- Obsidian's for ICS Leaks /Root/Roms/FXZ/RSD/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/Bootstrap/***All Download Links in OP Updated Daily*** - Droid Bionic - RootzWiki).

With that being said, I've still got most or all of the files I was using to restore, unbrick, and root/unroot my bionic. Here's a listing of all the files and folders I have in my Bionic Restore folder. I think you're probably interested in the 902 Pathsaver. I don't have the zip anymore, but I have the folder with all the files (I believe) intact, so I could zip it up. Tell me what you guys are trying to find and a good place for me to upload it.

Code:
│   893 1-click_exploit.zip
│   BPS_fix.rar
│   old BionicPathSaver.zip
│   R3L3AS3DRootV1.1_Windows_Script_only.zip
│   R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows.zip
│   R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows_V2.1.zip
│   VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip
│
├───902-Bionic_Pathsaver_WINDOWS
│   └───902-Bionic_Pathsaver_WINDOWS
│       │   00_README.txt
│       │   01Double-Click-Me.bat
│       │   adb.exe
│       │   AdbWinApi.dll
│       │   AdbWinUsbApi.dll
│       │   allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
│       │   Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US-Updateto902.zip
│       │   boot.img
│       │   busybox
│       │   cdrom
│       │   cdt.bin
│       │   cdt.bin.893
│       │   cdt.bin.901
│       │   Development
│       │   device_tree.bin
│       │   ebr
│       │   emstorage.img
│       │   grfs.img
│       │   lbl
│       │   logo.bin
│       │   mbm.bin
│       │   mbmloader.bin
│       │   mbr
│       │   moto-fastboot.exe
│       │   motofail
│       │   mount_ext3.sh
│       │   mount_ext3.sh.orig
│       │   otarootkeeper.apk
│       │   preinstall.img
│       │   radio.img
│       │   recovery.img
│       │   su
│       │   Superuser.apk
│       │   system.img
│       │   zergRush
│       │
│       └───VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml
│               allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
│               boot.img
│               cdrom
│               cdt.bin
│               device_tree.bin
│               ebr
│               emstorage.img
│               grfs.img
│               lbl
│               logo.bin
│               mbm.bin
│               mbmloader.bin
│               mbr
│               preinstall.img
│               radio.img
│               recovery.img
│               system.img
│               VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml
│
├───BPS_fix
│       busybox
│       cdt.901
│       mount_ext3.sh
│       runmebbb.bat
│       su
│       Superuser.apk
│       zergRush
│
├───FXZ
│   │   bionic_minimal_fxz.tar.gz
│   │   restore bionic.htm
│   │   targa_cdma_targa-user-2.3.4-5.5.1_84_DBN-55-110814-Verizon-US.tar.gz
│   │
│   └───restore bionic_files

[a bunch of files that are attached to this web page I saved- http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/14/fastboot-recovery-files-released-for-the-droid-bionic-these-could-save-you-in-a-pinch/]

│
├───R3l3AS3DRoot1.1
│       adb.exe
│       AdbWinApi.dll
│       AdbWinUsbApi.dll
│       busybox
│       Development
│       fastboot.exe
│       mount_ext3.sh
│       R3L3AS3DRoot.bat
│       su
│       Superuser.apk
│       system.img
│       zergRush
│
└───R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows_V2.1
    └───R3l3AS3DRoot
            About
            adb.exe
            AdbWinApi.dll
            AdbWinUsbApi.dll
            busybox
            cheesecakev2.apk
            Development
            fastboot.exe
            mount_ext3.sh
            R3L3AS3DRoot.bat
            R3L3AS3DRootMine.bat
            su
            Superuser.apk
            system.img
            zergRush

jetguat

Reaction score
I have a stock ROM Bionic with the VzW OTA update to ICS.

I've read that a factory default reset is a good suggestion, and one I like to get the phone back to a fresh condition.
But I also want to save the progress in my games and some data from other apps. I cannot do that without root access
so I am thinking about using razrs_edge_window or DriodRazrRoot.com_ICS to get me root access. then I plan to use
titantium to backup everything. Finally, perform the factory reset, then start to reinstall or restore the apps.

I want to continue to receive OTA updates. Will this fail simply because I have root access? I dont plan to remove bloatware
or anything else, other than backup apps. Its the only method to unroot, is to flash the stock rom back?

Thanks for the help