1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[HOW TO] Restore your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) to stock [Windows Only]

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by r314bd, Apr 27, 2012.

1. phrir1

phrir1 New Member

After putting phone into fastboot and opening rsd lite port 1 says connected then i select the file and hit decompress and flash. At the end of the decompression i get the error below and hit doesnt flash. Any help would be appreciated. What am i doing wrong? I have downloaded the fastboot file 3 different times from different locations.

ERROR:
    PLEASE CHECK INPUT FILE. EITHER XML FORMAT IS WRONG OR IMAGE FILES ASSOCIATED WITH IT ARE MISSING.

Edit: used different pc and worked fine.
  2. MrNissan

MrNissan New Member

Instructions on page 1 worked great. Thank you for your awesomeness!
    1 person likes this.
  3. louspinuso

louspinuso New Member

Worked Perfectly. Thanks!

I must've screwed something up after getting my Droid 4 and rooting and then removing all the crap I didn't want because I was no longer able to get the automatic update to come to my phone. This solved that problem.
  4. supershot666

supershot666 New Member

I get to the point where you use RSD lite and It will never pick up my device. It is connected via USB and is sitting in AP fastboot mode. It says "Ok to program" connected Via USB. RSD lite never picks up the device though so the decompress and flash options stays grey. Any help?
  5. r314bd

r314bd New Member

You installed the USB drivers, correct? Try running RSDLite as an administrator as well
  6. supershot666

supershot666 New Member

yes i installed all the drivers i will try running it as an administrator and report back
  7. r314bd

r314bd New Member

Also make sure you are you using the USB cable that came with your phone. Third party USB cables sometimes will not work for this.
  8. anoopch

anoopch New Member

9. r314bd

r314bd New Member

10. anoopch

anoopch New Member

Oh.. I am afraid i will have to download again from the beginning for 5 days.. Please help..
  11. r314bd

r314bd New Member

You'll have to contact someone at droidhive.com and request that they put the file back up...I'm not affiliated with that site
  12. goodcat

goodcat New Member

Quick question using this method. Do I need to uninstall safestrap before I try to run the process? I somehow bootlooped just now, and I used the D4 Utility Tool to supposedly unroot my phone. However, it still boots into safestrap recovery, and it wouldn't let me boot into normal recovery mode. When I hit the search button to boot into recovery, is when it bootlooped.

So, I was wondering if uninstalling safestrap would let me boot into normal recovery mode without bootlooping again.

edit: nvm, I don't think I was fully holding down both volume buttons. I got it working, and flash worked the first time. Thanks for the guide, much appreciated.
  13. djb.617

djb.617 New Member

anoopch, i can rehost it but you'd get the entire eternity flash project folder, I no longer have the archive of .219 on this machine or my desktop, so the md5 wont match up.
  14. Fuse2005

Fuse2005 New Member

First time here, hoping someone can help me out. My phone started being very screwy a few weeks ago; it stops opening apps after a little while of being on, crashes apps I have open, and has to be rebooted for anything to start working again, and any changes I made (updates, install/uninstall apps, calls in my recent call logs, etc...) are not there anymore, it's all going back to a previous version. So, I want to wipe my phone and start over, but default factory restore doesn't work, and when I try these instructions, I get an error in RSD.

I've got version 219, downloaded the correct .zip file and follow instructions until I get to load the zip file and get to step 13 ("Decompress And Start Flashing") and receive error message on step 3/18;
    Failed flashing process. 3/18 flash mbmloader "mbmloader.bin" -> Phone returned FAIL.

When you click on it so it will show Device Properties, it shows:
    ESN: N/A
    Technology: N/A
    Software Version: N/A
    Flex Version: N/A
    Bootloader Version: N/A
    DRM Version: N/A

File Properties shows;
    Filename: VRZ_XT894_6.5.1-167_DR4-1_M1-219_1FF_01.xml
    Creation Date: 03/09/2012 01:44:28
    File size: 2082
    Software Version: 6.5.1-167_DR4-1_M1-219
    For Phone Model: MASERATI

Thank you for whatever help I can get.
  15. *XxChocoTacoxX

*XxChocoTacoxX New Member

Anyone have the applications required to do this process in Linux? I had the required apps for my D2, but not the D4.

The first time I tried this, I came into my Windows partition and had it going just fine. It was late after work (like 3am when I started) so I fell asleep waiting for it to finish. When I woke up a about an hour or 2 later, Windows had decided to put my computer to sleep at some point in time and hosed the flash. Because it was sitting there so long the phone battery died and I had to order a Factory Cable just to be able to attempt to fix it again. I'd like to be able to do this in my native environment instead of having to switch OSes every time. Thanks!

PS: Also, anyone know which step in the process takes the longest? I know it's supposed to take 30 - 40 mins, but mine flies through steps 1 - 11 then sits at 12 for a VERY long time. Is this normal?
  16. *XxChocoTacoxX

*XxChocoTacoxX New Member

Ok, to respond to my own post-script since I can no longer edit my old post, it seems that the longest steps are 16 and 17 (preinstall and webtop). The ones before that seem to fly by. The last one is just rebooting.

Also, one other thing I noticed is that after my phone failed the first time and I got the factory cable to re-flash, the process kept getting stuck at the same spot the failed flash stopped at when the computer went to sleep. It was stopping every time for me at step 12. I let the phone and computer sit for about 2 hours and it was at the same spot the whole time. Nothing was frozen however because all applications showed activity and progress, but nothing was happening. So I grabbed the other xml file (v.215) and flashed that over. That one completed successfully and I was able to get into the OS and everything. So, completing that, I went and retried v.219. It hung for a couple of minutes on step 12 again but then continued successfully.

So, in conclusion, if your flash freezes and continually fails to make progress on multiple attempts, try flashing with a different version.
  17. oicacid

oicacid New Member

Props to verizon for putting two holes for wires into the battery so we could externally charge it, with a label too! Yeah All the steps and then some, I made sure to use a usb cable go figure they were in short supply this time.

So, in conclusion, if your flash freezes and continually fails to make progress on multiple attempts, try flashing with a different version.
  18. jay27

jay27 New Member

I need help resetting my droid 4 bought it rooted running ics wanting to put it back to factory some things on it isnt working right like browser sometimes and pic quality
  19. oicacid

oicacid New Member

20. outsid0r

outsid0r New Member

you cant go back to stock from a leak.
Search tags for this page
droid 4 factory reset
droid 4 hard reset
factory reset motorola droid
hard reset motorola droid

hard reset motorola xt894

hard reset xt894