[HOW TO] Restore your Motorola Droid 4 (XT894) to stock [Windows Only]

r314bd

Reaction score
***UPDATED: 3/26/2013***

These fastboot files allow you to recover a bricked device/return to stock Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) on your Motorola Droid 4.

PRECAUTIONS:
NEVER FLASH AN SBF FOR AN OLDER ANDROID VERSION THAN THE ONE CURRENTLY ON YOUR DEVICE!
YOUR DEVICE MUST BE FULLY CHARGED PRIOR TO FLASHING.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

If you notice a broken link, please send me a PM and I will fix it ASAP.

Android 4.1.2 System Version 98.72.18
cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18_1ff.xml.zip (633.2MB)
MD5: 0EC9F9EF248F2FA796A14B20A3592306
DOWNLOAD

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Download the .zip file above
  2. Download and install RSDLite 5.7
  3. Download and install the Motorola USB Drivers
  4. Power off your phone
  5. Hold the volume up, volume down, and power buttons at the same time until you see the bootloader menu
  6. Use the volume down button to navigate to "Recovery" then use the volume up button to select it
  7. When you see the android/triangle, press both volume buttons together
  8. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and on the next screen select "Yes -- delete all user data"
  9. Once it's finished, select "reboot system now" then immediately press both volume buttons until you see the bootloader menu
  10. Connect your phone to your PC via USB
  11. Use the volume down button to navigate to "AP Fastboot" then use the volume up button to select it
  12. Open RSDLite, press the "..." button at the top, and select the fastboot image .zip file
  13. Select "Decompress And Start Flashing" and wait for the process to finish (it will take up to 20-30 minutes)
  14. Once the process is complete, your device should function normally
Credits: kholk, daywalker04, and Skrilax_CZ @ XDA, djb.617 and myfishbear @ DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Its about time. Glad to see this out now some real development can happen.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

B-Unit

Reaction score
*JAWDROP* Over a gig?!?!

Soft bricked my D4 installing OC hack after the update, DLing this on 3G is going to take forever. :"(

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

djb.617

Reaction score
If you want help getting mirror links let me know, I do believe I had an account when i had my original droid. if it wasnt for this site it was for some other one. but i've got a few mirrors getting ready right now

OP
r314bd

r314bd

Reaction score
In case anyone was looking for confirmation that this works, "gnoitall" over at XDA just posted that it worked perfectly to fix his bricked phone

djb.617

Reaction score
To my knowledge no there is not but you are more than welcome to create one from the xda version and the mirrors that are up if youd like.

djb.617

Reaction score
I'll generate one for any mirror I add if this download ever lets me get to the point of making a mirror

djb.617

Reaction score
Well you guys, while this is downloading so I can make a mirror of it. I think I'm gonna go smoke, workout, nap and then possibly be able to flash it and create the md5 file. I will either rehost it as an (md5&zip)archive or a (md5&zip) regular folder. or have sgmd1 attach it to the OP

----
I'm going to be very upset if daywalker faked the file name for the correct one :/

---
second edit cause this made me happy

I relearned an old trick i use too have