[HACKS] [HOW-TO] Install Safestrap and Create a Backup

richardawood

Reaction score
Ok, I have been looking through the *#*#info#*#* menu and there really isn't any information in there. It is all blank ( the fields are all blank). FYI, my carrier is a CDMA network. When I went to have my phone flashed from verizon to this new carrier, the phone tech @ the store told me that he and the other carrier phone reps work very hard to keep all posts off of the internet regarding any of the information I am trying to get... what crap! Unfortunately, he was right.. I haven't been able to find any info on how to change the network settings for my D3 on this carrier. It really stinks, because I can't afford to go them and pay them everytime I load a new rom or have to reset my phone from experimenting.

richardawood

Reaction score
I made some progress that may help someone in the future that is having similar problems. If you have a DROID 3 and your mms is working in non safe made but not working in safe made and if you use gosms for your messaging... breath .... you can backup your gosms settings in your stock rom and restore them in your custom rom. Also, gosms is ideal for ntelos because you can manually enter mms apn settings. Check the "Fill APN configuration manually " box and insert "http://mms.ntelospcs.net" in the MMSC Box.

cortneyh

Reaction score
Clearing up space

Good morning!

I installed safestrap 3.11 on my Bionic last night. The stock ICS is on the safeside and eclipse 1.3 in one rom slot. Everything seems to work fine, but it's already whining that the space is low. I'm not understanding how to interpret the space usage. In settings, when I go to storage it says -

total space - 16 GB
Apps 267 MB
Available 507 MB

internal storage /mnt/sdcard
apps 146 mb
pictures/videos - 10 MB
audio 212 kb
downloads 146 mb
misc 6.27 GB
available 0.91 GB

Most of "misc" is the safestrap (5.7 GB) directory

orig - 1.96 GB (1 data.ext3.tar file)
rom-slot1 - 1.88 GB
safe - 1.54 GB (1 data.ext3.tar file)

Are all of these necessary (I'm using Eclipse while viewing this information)? Can any of them be moved to the external SD card?

Thanks
Cort