[HACKS] Safestrap Guide for RAZR

helron

Reaction score
This was a mess. However, i did create a back up on 3/31 is SS. However, I mad a lot of adjustments in April to phone since that file was backed up in March OUCH! What a loss.....UGH!
Now, i have to restore it. Should I restore just the system files and preserve any data that was on phone or restor syste, . data, cache,and android.secure?
I made the mistake of thinking that the new ROM would not have impacted April changes.

GotnFX

Reaction score
This was a mess. However, i did create a back up on 3/31 is SS. However, I mad a lot of adjustments in April to phone since that file was backed up in March OUCH! What a loss.....UGH!
Now, i have to restore it. Should I restore just the system files and preserve any data that was on phone or restor syste, . data, cache,and android.secure?
I made the mistake of thinking that the new ROM would not have impacted April changes.

Not sure if you have done anything, but if you disable SS at the splash screen you should be back to stock OS...if you are talking about a custom ROM, I'd start completely fresh.

helron

Reaction score
Was able to install Cm10.1. All fine. However, noticing now that there sin't any Microphone ability in any app and/keyboard. If this persists will delete the Rom.
Can u expalin how I can do that Inside of SS? Or can I just more that ROM to another slot, such as RonSlot2 and leave 1 available should I wnt to try something else. I've searched and found that a lot of Roms want to be installed in SS slot1, that's why I am asking. Thanks!

GotnFX

Reaction score
Was able to install Cm10.1. All fine. However, noticing now that there sin't any Microphone ability in any app and/keyboard. If this persists will delete the Rom.
Can u expalin how I can do that Inside of SS? Or can I just more that ROM to another slot, such as RonSlot2 and leave 1 available should I wnt to try something else. I've searched and found that a lot of Roms want to be installed in SS slot1, that's why I am asking. Thanks!

If you want to delete the ROM, make sure ROM slot 1 is active which what CM10.1 is in and then goto Wipe to wipe cache, dalvik and data. This will clear Slot 1. Then load new ROM like you did with CM10.1. Yes you can activate and set up a different ROM slot but you basically have to do the same thing over again to get CM 10.1 to slot 2 or into a new slot...assuming no issus to use Slot 2.
Yes you are correct a lot of ROMs require slot 1 be the preferred slot..not sure why.

helron

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with CM10.1? Great Rom!
All seems fine, except NO GPS. Checked settings and profiles and all seems OK. Any ideas for any similar findings?

Update: I had phone set to Wifi and GPS unavailable. So, took it off Wifi and put it on 4g and it GPS was active. So, took it it off 4g and returned it to Wifi and GPS seems activated thru transition.

helron

Reaction score
Not sure if you have done anything, but if you disable SS at the splash screen you should be back to stock OS...if you are talking about a custom ROM, I'd start completely fresh.

All seems fine, now. Question for the above statement. Exactly HOW to disable at Splash SS11? While in SS - if I select Home/Menu for Recovery
it goes to right into CM10. If I select Search, nothing happens, but I hear what sounds like a device noise. The phone remains with no display and DOES NOT boot it STOCK?
What is the purpose of that option f it does nothing? I assume something abnormal must be happening. The only way I can go to Stock ,is via SS first, then select Activate Stock. That can't be right.

Also!! My phone will not turn on, by using just the power Button. I must do a 3 finger salute to get it to power up. help:) Now, it will not turn on w/o doing soft reset (power-V-)

GotnFX

Reaction score
All seems fine, now. Question for the above statement. Exactly HOW to disable at Splash SS11? While in SS - if I select Home/Menu for Recovery
it goes to right into CM10. If I select Search, nothing happens, but I hear what sounds like a device noise. The phone remains with no display and DOES NOT boot it STOCK?
What is the purpose of that option f it does nothing? I assume something abnormal must be happening. The only way I can go to Stock ,is via SS first, then select Activate Stock. That can't be right.

Also!! My phone will not turn on, by using just the power Button. I must do a 3 finger salute to get it to power up. help:) Now, it will not turn on w/o doing soft reset (power-V-)

Sorry, yes in the SS11 Splash Screen bottom left home/Menu and bottom right is search and you are disabling correctly. Search is really a quick button to boot your phone straight to your active rom. Now I am concerned that you said when you select Home/Menu that it doesn't go to menu while in CM10....but later you state you can activate stock. So as long as you can get back to stock ROM via the SS menu screen and can activate the stock ROM (also known as disabling SS, you'll see the top of the splash screen read disabled when you reboot), SS is working correctly. Sounds like either you had a bad CM10 download or the ROM just doesnt sit well with your phone. I've had ROMs just not work right on my phone for whatever reason no matter how many times I've redownload.
So while on stock, does the power button issue still there?

helron

Reaction score
GotnFX, thaks for response!

Ok, this is where I am at:
Action: In SS11, activate STOCK and reboot
Result: SS splashscreen appears, hit SEARCH, and phone boots to STOCK.
When in stock, I get an error saying: INSTALL SUPERUSER, the binary is out of date.
What is that all about? it's as if I fix one prob, and another pops!. Can u help?

GotnFX

Reaction score
GotnFX, thaks for response!

Ok, this is where I am at:
Action: In SS11, activate STOCK and reboot
Result: SS splashscreen appears, hit SEARCH, and phone boots to STOCK.
When in stock, I get an error saying: INSTALL SUPERUSER, the binary is out of date.
What is that all about? it's as if I fix one prob, and another pops!. Can u help?

Helron, did Play store update superuser?

helron

Reaction score
Oddly, it was not on Stock App drawer, which is strange. Checking Kexec Rom now, which BTW runs great.
Now, in stock, SuperUser alert says, Binary must be updated, select installation method of CANcel, Recover Install, or Install.
Which do I select. i am on STOCK/Safesatrap - not on ROM boot.

Same message while in ROM. What shall I do. Why has this happened? hmm?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Oddly, it was not on Stock App drawer, which is strange. Checking Kexec Rom now, which BTW runs great.
Now, in stock, SuperUser alert says, Binary must be updated, select installation method of CANcel, Recover Install, or Install.
Which do I select. i am on STOCK/Safesatrap - not on ROM boot.

Well try recover install first since you had it before..then the install if recovery doesn't work..saw in the playstore that there is a zip file for those having issues

helron

Reaction score
Odd, Superuser disappeared from stock app drawer. So, I reinstalled.
When back at Rom side, still get message. Clicked CANCEl until I read a bit more.
Did go so site and saw ZIp file, by developer. have tod do some reading on that. Dont want to screw up. LOL And, it seems I am pretty good at that!

GotnFX

Reaction score
Odd, Superuser disappeared from stock app drawer. So, I reinstalled.
When back at Rom side, still get message. Clicked CANCEl until I read a bit more.
Did go so site and saw ZIp file, by developer. have tod do some reading on that. Dont want to screw up. LOL And, it seems I am pretty good at that!

Lol..someone will be here to assist if you have problems...just keep us posted. I've never ran into this problem...mine just updated automatically through the playstore..

helron

Reaction score
Superuser by ChainsDD and Superuser by ClockworkMod Confused? Join the club:) 2 conflicting apps may be causing Binary issues? Do ya think? Read on....

I installed DROID_RAZR_Utility_Jellybean_XT912_WinMacLin.zip and then RazrBlade for Root andSafestrap.
I then installed kexec Rom via Safestrap to Romslot 1 and backed up my Stock.
Packages above (forgot which one to be exact) installed Superuser on my Stock Rom.
When I installed Kexec Rom, Superuser was not in the App drawer! Strange. Forums told me to install it from Playstore, which I did.
So, now I get 2 reminders, one on Stock and onte on Kexec Rom! LOl
When viewing Playstore, I noticed that there are to apps named Superuser: Superuser by ChainsDD and Superuser by ClockworkModguys! Guys! You're killing me:) 2 apps-same names!
I'm not a wiz at this, and it's really confusing. But, I think i know what might mbe causing the problem/conflict. - Stock may have one version, and Rom, may have had another built in? When one disappeared, i probably downloaded ther other and caused a problem???
If that's the case, can I delete both Superuser apps ( Rom and Stock) and reinstall the same version to both sides? Which do u suggest is better to use ClockworkMod or ChainsDD?
Sorry for such a long note, b=and Ihope u understand what I am trying to explain and solve.
PS: i wrote developer andhave yet to receive a response.