How to get back home?

surfscottydog

Reaction score
I just started using my Droid today so please excuse my ignorance.
When I go onto my browser for the first time it loads into google. Then I type in the desired address and go there and all is good. I finish and go away. Then when I go back onto my browser at a later time, it loads on the last place I was on my previous visit? How do I get it to load on the google search page every time I load browser? Will somebody please help me with COMPLETE instructions, please?
Thank you, Scott

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I would suggest using an app called Steel instead of the default browser. With Steel you can choose to open empty window, home, or last page. Just remember to hold the back button down to close the program out. Thus when you open the browser again it will open the select option from above (by default it is set to open blank).

radioz

Reaction score
There are a couple of ways to get back to your 'home' page:
1. Keep hitting the back button until you get there. (Go too far and the browser will close!)

2. Use a bookmark to bring up your preferred home page. (Assumes that you have assigned a bookmark to your homepage first of course).

Me, I'm a back button person. I always back out to my home page.

TIP: Here is a handy tip I learned here. When using the back button, some web sites don't return you to the spot on the page you were at before (like this forum!). I hate that. To always return to the same spot, use a LONG press on the link you want to investigate and select 'Open in new window'. Once you are done and want to return where you were before, just press the back button and you are there!

JayMonster

Reaction score
Bookmark your Home Page.

Long Press on your Desktop

Choose Shortcut

Choose Bookmark

Select your bookmarked homepage

Now you will have a shortcut on your desktop that will launch your browser and bring you right to your home page.

hajabooja

Reaction score
Or you can go into "Windows" from within the browser and then hit the X next to all open tabs and it will open a new tab with your default home page.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or you can go into "Windows" from within the browser and then hit the X next to all open tabs and it will open a new tab with your default home page.

this is what i do its pretty simple...

ive actually gotten into the habit of doing this when im done browsing so the next time i open the browser it goes to the homepage

lauriep

Reaction score
If you kill the browser using a task killer when you are done, the next time you open it it will open at the Google page.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Jay you the man, thanks for tip:icon_ banana:

Bookmark your Home Page.

Long Press on your Desktop

Choose Shortcut

Choose Bookmark

Select your bookmarked homepage

Now you will have a shortcut on your desktop that will launch your browser and bring you right to your home page.