How to load contacts list

dbronstein

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to load a contacts list (exported from Outlook) onto a Droid without having to go through Google contacts? I don't want to sync with outlook (and I can't if I wanted to because it's on a work PC that I can't connect the Droid to), I just want to do a one-time load to get them on the Droid. I don't want to load them into google because it's none of their business who my contacts are. So is there a way to import the contacts directly to the Droid?

hondaman74

Reaction score
if you can create a CVS file on your computer from outlook then load it to the micor SD card you cna manually load them to the phone through the SD card. Apart from that, save your contacts as a CVS email it to a computer that you can sync it to and load it that way. thats about all I can think of. hope this helps

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I can get the CSV file onto the SD card. So there is functionality that will import them from there?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thanks for the reply. I can get the CSV file onto the SD card. So there is functionality that will import them from there?

Import in contacts looks for vCard data on the sdcard....

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
I just did this yesterday. Import the CSV file into your contacts in gmail, then your phone should sync up in like 10 seconds.

wskelly99

Reaction score
Not to hijack your post, but I have a related question...

I have an Excel file with a bunch of work contacts on it, I saved it as CSV file and synced it with my Google contacts - however, the information was there, but in all the wrong spots. I had to open up each contact and cut/paste the info into the appropriate fields. Is there a specific format that I should use for other Excel contact lists so that the info is put in the appropriate fields?

Any help would save me a bunch of time and would be greatly appreciated!

korp

Reaction score
? .... sounds fishy lol .... but I bet you have your phone set to sync automatically to your account anyways which puts them on there.....

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
I just did this yesterday. Import the CSV file into your contacts in gmail, then your phone should sync up in like 10 seconds.

Again, the point is I don't want to load the contacts into Google. I just want to load them onto the phone. One of the first things I did was to disable he sync because I don't want any of my contact info going into Google.

Thanks for all the replies.