The internet on my droid

MasterrEugen

Reaction score
Hello to everyone reading this post.

I would first like to say that the droid is a remarkable and desirable phone. I love it.. or loved it..

Lately the internet has been acting up. Like seriously, it just seems much slower. it used to load web pages within 2-3 seconds but now... it just gets stuck loading a web page at times.

it loads google.com just fine but when it comes to searching something in google then clicking one of the search suggestions, it could take 5 minutes to load and continue to hold a blank white page. its just ridiculous.

how do i fix this? please.. it is annoying

thanks in advance

bacalao

Reaction score
I had my phone stock for a while and noticed that my internet starting load pages slower like you say. Then I did a complete wipe and it was back to its original browsing glory. I'm not really sure exactly what needs to be clean out every now and then but that helped me. I don't have that problem anymore cuz I wipe my phone every couple of weeks trying out new roms.
Hope that helps.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello to everyone reading this post.

I would first like to say that the droid is a remarkable and desirable phone. I love it.. or loved it..

Lately the internet has been acting up. Like seriously, it just seems much slower. it used to load web pages within 2-3 seconds but now... it just gets stuck loading a web page at times.

it loads google.com just fine but when it comes to searching something in google then clicking one of the search suggestions, it could take 5 minutes to load and continue to hold a blank white page. its just ridiculous.

how do i fix this? please.. it is annoying

thanks in advance

You might try clearing the cache on the Browser

(Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>Menu>Filter:All>Browser>Clear Cache)

and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, you can go another step and "Clear Data" on the same page.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
The OP might try experimenting with some different browsers, as well. Try Dolphin and/or Xscope. I have used Dolphin and it is faster than stock. I haven't tried Xscope.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OP might try experimenting with some different browsers, as well. Try Dolphin and/or Xscope. I have used Dolphin and it is faster than stock. I haven't tried Xscope.

xScope is faster than Dolphin. At least it was prior to the last Dolphin update. My completely unquantified testing suggests the Dolphin may have gotten faster lately.

Of course if performance is the sole criterion, the Opera (beta) is probably the fastest browser available. Unfortunately, it is not registered as a "browser" and therefore doesn't show up as a choice for a default. Further, its speed is somewhat balanced by some occasional odd rendering that comes about as a result of Opera's processing of web pages on its server before a page is downloaded.