How to download roms from your phone and play games

shrop21

Reaction score
which would you rather be inconvienced with? dealing with ROMs that you can't download (long wait, unknown file, renaming, moving, etc), or just sticking your stick in a reader for a few minutes and a quick file transfer?

btw, have you posted your issues with vista?

good point...i was justing hoping it would work
and no...

"The original issue that Chico was referring to was when he tried to "mount" the SD card to the computer via USB (and in turn "un-mounting" the card from the phone), it will "mount" temporarily to the computer but for only a short time.

During this short time, the computer shows that a new drive is available.

But immediately after it's "mounted" to the computer, the sd card will "re-mount" back to the phone, therefore making it unavailable to the computer since the card can't be "mounted" to both the computer and phone at the same time. The computer is still registering that it's connected, but it isn't available."
-this quote from ezell sums it up well

i started looking into the problem and so far just found this thread about it - link

rayswift

Reaction score
ok I have both Snesoid and Astro file manager. I went to freeroms.com and tried DLing games and all i get is a bunch of weird ass txt. any help?

Ichimaru03

Reaction score
OK so basically Im at a dead end. I can get roms to work on computers, and ipods but I cant seem to get them to work on the droid to save my life. Crutch is no longer available so Ijust do the computer drag and drop and when I go to play the game its just bunch of brown lines flashing...help...

OP
shadykid81

shadykid81

Reaction score
OK so basically Im at a dead end. I can get roms to work on computers, and ipods but I cant seem to get them to work on the droid to save my life. Crutch is no longer available so Ijust do the computer drag and drop and when I go to play the game its just bunch of brown lines flashing...help...

Not sure why crutch is not available anymore on marketplace. Maybe someone could shed some light on this.

veggiedave

Reaction score
ive noticed when downloading the roms..any of the ones labeled"_us" dont load. at least not the ones ive downloaded.

veggiedave

Reaction score
and whats up with the controls? i can like move with the d pad thing. but the center button doesnt do anything, however the 9 and 0 keys do? whats the word on that?

kstr0h

Reaction score
is freeroms.com the only site that will work from the phone? if not can someone post more good rom websites?

is rom world any good?

jsellers

Reaction score
I followed your instructions and everything worked out find until the last part, once I clicked on the rom that i downloaded it did not play. the screen flashes green and white it looks like the opening shot of a horror film. What happened? It downloaded to my phone just fine, it just wont play. I tried two different roms and both did not work ;(

reggie16

Reaction score
couldnt find the file? wtf im using gameboid does it make a difference

reggie16

Reaction score
i do exactly what it says and when i go to extract file it says "exact to this directory" or "extract to new directory" i click extract to this directory and then it says copied 0 bites then i try and open it it says no rom loaded wtfff this is pissing me off

TimChgo9

Reaction score
I wonder what the odds are of an Atari 2600 emulator being created....now THAT would be fun.....

donibee

Reaction score
thanks couldnt figure it out perfect directions now if u can tell me how to get the droid to speak the names on my bluetooth when some one calls that would be awesome lol already have say my name app it just screams it out on phone thanks