How to download roms from your phone and play games

shadykid81

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm new to the forums and thought I may share how I was able to download roms from my phone and play them without plugging in ur phone to a computer.

1. Go to market place and download Nesoid lite for nintendo or gearoidlite for sega
2. Go to market place and download Astro ( this app makes you able to download roms and unzip them from your phone
3. If you have problems downloading roms from your phone then go to market place and download Crutch.
4. On your phone visit www.freeroms.com and on the left side on the website click on NES if you downloaded Nesoid or click on Sega Master System if you downloaded gearoidlite
5. Once you have found a game you like click on it. It will bring up a screen where you will see download (may take a few sec. to see the word download). Click download and it should begin to download to ur phone.
6. Exit out of internet and click on the app you downloaded earlier (Astro).
7. On the top menu bar in the Astro app there should be a home button, push it. Once on the home screen scroll down the files till you see the download file. Enter the download file.
8. Inside the download file you should see the rom you downloaded from www.freeroms.com. Press and hold on the rom you downloaded. A menu should show up that says file options and have a list of things you can choose from below. At the very bottom of the list it should say extract, click it. It should now give you the option to extract to this directory, click it.
9. You have now extracted the rom to your phone. You can delete the zip file at this point.
10. Now go back to either Nesoid or Gearoidlite ( depending on which rom you downloaded) and click it. Once the app is open click on the menu button on ur phone. A tab pops up and says Open, click it. You should now see the rom you downloaded. Click on your rom and enjoy ur game.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

[NOTICE: ONLY download from the given Site if you OWN the Cartridges. Otherwise it is ILLEGAL!! Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid Phones & the Motorola Droid is NOT supporting illegal Downloads]

LordKastle

Reaction score
Also keep in mind most emulators can actually look in to the .zip file so you do not need to actually unzip it.

Reaction score
Thanks so much...

I had heard about this, but was always a little skittish to try it out. Not that tech savvy.

Followed the directions and BAM- there I am playing games I used to play when I was ten. This just improved the satisfaction level of my phone 100X.

Thanks

OP
shadykid81

shadykid81

Reaction score
Thanks so much...

I had heard about this, but was always a little skittish to try it out. Not that tech savvy.

Followed the directions and BAM- there I am playing games I used to play when I was ten. This just improved the satisfaction level of my phone 100X.

Thanks

Glad I could help

V

volando

this makes no sense

first of all, the droid won't let you download these roms because it doesn't recognize the file (although you can hack around it by using 'Download Crutch Lite' app)

second, 'astro' is an astronomy program, kinda like google sky, what this has to do with roms i have no idea...

what does work is just downloading the roms using your regular computer and dumping in a directory somewhere on your sd

Fresh330

Reaction score
this makes no sense

first of all, the droid won't let you download these roms because it doesn't recognize the file (although you can hack around it by using 'Download Crutch Lite' app)

second, 'astro' is an astronomy program, kinda like google sky, what this has to do with roms i have no idea...

what does work is just downloading the roms using your regular computer and dumping in a directory somewhere on your sd

Why must you jump the gun? Give it a try first before you post.

BTW it works. It's sweet when Super Mario Music starts blasting from my Droid while I'm at work. THANKS haha.

OP
shadykid81

shadykid81

Reaction score
this makes no sense

OK first, I said in the how to that u may need to download crutch to enable ur phone to download roms. Second, astro is file download program letting u extract the zip file that u downloaded. Sorry I did not specify astro download manager. Everyone that has tried this how to has had no problems using it. Try it out before criticizing something u are not knowledgeable about. You can download roms st8 to ur phone without a computer and play games. Its not that hard

harperrb

Reaction score
Hey, ive downloaded three emulators (SNES, NES, Gameboid) and downloaded a few roms with my computer and placed the roms on my SD card, but the files do not appear when I try to open in the correct emulator. All have no files.

V

volando

i tried searching astro it didn't come up with the file manager, weird... anyways, you don't need to unzip them as most emulators take zips directly...

sorry, didn't notice you mentioned crutch :(