How to download roms from your phone and play games

kunak83

Reaction score
I get to where you click dl then it goes to another screen then I see all kinds of letter,symbols, and numbers. Then after the page loads, nothing else happens

andymellon4

Reaction score
Hey I followed your steps spot on but I couldn't find it in astro file manager I used crutch.

OP
shadykid81

shadykid81

Reaction score
Hey I followed your steps spot on but I couldn't find it in astro file manager I used crutch.

Ok. Was you able to get it to work then? The rom should be found in the download file which is located in the sd file. I'm not sure why some people are having problems with method. Alot of people have had lots of success with how I explained it. I guess you could always use the computer method but this way just seems better for me and faster.

Strange Snow

Reaction score
I got the roms working and i started trying to play super mario brothers but i can't figure out how to get the a and b button on the screen so i can jump and what not, any help?

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
this makes no sense

first of all, the droid won't let you download these roms because it doesn't recognize the file (although you can hack around it by using 'Download Crutch Lite' app)

second, 'astro' is an astronomy program, kinda like google sky, what this has to do with roms i have no idea...

what does work is just downloading the roms using your regular computer and dumping in a directory somewhere on your sd

Hey,

im afraid youre wrong, They talk about ASTRO File manager.

OP
shadykid81

shadykid81

Reaction score
I got the roms working and i started trying to play super mario brothers but i can't figure out how to get the a and b button on the screen so i can jump and what not, any help?

Once the game is on screen, press menu button on phone, select settings, scroll down to virtual keypad and check it. There ya go for the directional pad. I use the A and S button on the key pad for the A and B button. Not sure if those can be put on the screen.

andymellon4

Reaction score
Yeah I follwed tghe bsgteps but there was not a download file it just wasn't in astro.....

sapienta

Reaction score
does anyone know if snesoid work with android firmware 2.1 ? I seem to be having no luck, each time I select a rom it just kick back to the home screen :(

AHB900

Reaction score
Great write up. Thanks.. Now how can i delete a rom I no longer want? I dont see a delete option anywhere.

Demonbrn

Reaction score
Great write up. Thanks.. Now how can i delete a rom I no longer want? I dont see a delete option anywhere.
Use astro to find the file, hold your finger on it till the options popup, choose edit, then delete. =)

OP
shadykid81

shadykid81

Reaction score
does anyone know if snesoid work with android firmware 2.1 ? I seem to be having no luck, each time I select a rom it just kick back to the home screen :(

I've still been using nesiod. Been working fine. Maybe try to delete and redownload it.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I get to where you click dl then it goes to another screen then I see all kinds of letter,symbols, and numbers. Then after the page loads, nothing else happens

Im having the same problem. Anyone have a solution?

Silver Member
Reaction score

Im having the same problem. Anyone have a solution?
long-press the link and select "save link". the browser is trying to read the file by opening it in a browser session.