How to download roms from your phone and play games

OP
shadykid81

shadykid81

Reaction score
Hey, ive downloaded three emulators (SNES, NES, Gameboid) and downloaded a few roms with my computer and placed the roms on my SD card, but the files do not appear when I try to open in the correct emulator. All have no files.

Just follow the directions given on first post exactly and you will find the roms. You dont need to use a computer to download the roms. I've never done it that way. Everything was done with my phone.

OP
shadykid81

shadykid81

Reaction score
D

DroidMastar

Hey thanks... this is really helpful because i was wondering where the hell the zip went... guess i will look for it now. Cool stuff sir!!

parabellum

Reaction score
So, first, thank you for this thread, its the reason I signed up for the forum!

I followed your instructions but I am running into a few issues, I was hoping someone can help.

Problems:

1) The website for hosting roms that you listed, when I try to download the rom via the Dolphin browser, instead of a download initiating...I get a page of garbage. It appears Dolphin is trying to render the ROM file as HTML and of course that is impossible. I DO have download crutch and Astro.

2) As a workaround, I have been trying to find roms on other sites. I did find ONE rom out of 20 downloads that actually worked, that was the Street Fighter Alpha 2 rom that I got from coolroms.com

So...what I'm really looking for here is a source of roms that we KNOW work on the SNESOID emulator for the droid.

I am specifically looking for:

1) Any and all Final Fantasy titles. I think RPG's are great for mobile because they do not demand high input dexterity (such as street fighter).

2) Any and all Street Fighter titles.

If anyone has Final Fantasy SNES roms that work with snesoid...I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!!

Many thanks.

EDIT: To hopefully help others, I did confirm just now that the Final Fantasy 2 rom located here, DOES work....but still, if you guys have other roms that we know work on snesoid, it would be awesome to build up a list and maybe even get it as a sticky thread here in the games section....might save others a lot of time:

Final Fantasy 2 Snesoid rom on this page works on droid:
SNES Roms USA | The Old Computer | Super Nintendo SNES Roms Free Download

Update: Also confirmed the following from the same source/page:

Yoshi's Island
Final Fantasy3
R-Type 3
Secret of Mana

Starfox runs but it runs very poorly and I wouldn't recommend even bothering.

NVash

Reaction score
Far as Im aware, yes. Thats why Im probably going to stick to playing NES and Genesis games for the time being.

The thing about downloading ROMS, I figure youd be best doing it on the computer and syncing it. I had a few problems myself, the links wouldnt download. I downloaded Astro and that Force Closed on me. So best thing, download them via the computer, sync it up and drag and drop.

This is great, I can finally play Comix Zone again. I moved out of state and my Genesis isnt here but I can still play it. Thanks!

Jason

Reaction score
You need the pay versions of those Emulators to have save state though, correct?
yes also the paid versions lets turn the screen upside down so you can have the dpad on the left. I think the developer deserves the money for the good work he did on the emulators. Also I think he updates the paid versions a lot make more roms the the free versions

Varking

Reaction score
I just purchased the NES, SNES, and GBA Emulators from him. I read somewhere that I don't need to do anything to play the NES, or even the SNES versions, but I need to download some file for the GBA one?