How often do you turn off your phone?

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is in this forum because my first question is if anyone's phone, rooted or stock, just turns off once in a while and stays off? I mean, off as in needs to do a battery pull before it'll go back on as the power button doesn't do it? Mine does it once in a while so I thought I'd ask.

But also, I've been meaning to ask, I find myself leaving the phone on 24/7 and even though I don't know that it hurts anything, how often does everyone turn there's off and for how long? Also, why?

Thanks

'Jim

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I turn mine off once a week (when I remember) unless it starts acting slow. Otherwise it's on 24/7 as I'm on call a lot.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine has done that 1 time. I woke up and it was off on the charger and wouldn't come back on. No clue as to why.

But I leave mine on all the time unless it goes dead :p

And I'm rooted on CM

ldimick

Reaction score
this is in this forum because my first question is if anyone's phone, rooted or stock, just turns off once in a while and stays off? I mean, off as in needs to do a battery pull before it'll go back on as the power button doesn't do it? Mine does it once in a while so I thought I'd ask.

But also, I've been meaning to ask, I find myself leaving the phone on 24/7 and even though I don't know that it hurts anything, how often does everyone turn there's off and for how long? Also, why?

Thanks

'Jim

Are you running SetCPU? If so how slow do you set it for sleep and charging? Also which voltage kernel are you using?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
whenever it slows up on me, I turn it off and back on. that fixes it.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I usually end up turning it off and on again every day, or so. Mainly because I have so many apps on the phone that I usually have a few to download and I've found that power cycling frequently avoids issues associated with updating an app that is already running.

I change batteries about once a week. I have two batteries for the phone and recharge one while the other is in my phone. Mainly an OCD issue, I suspect, but it keeps the batteries relatively "even" in terms of use.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I was helping someone and that's the last time I rebooted. settings/about phone/satus/up time = 83:37:26 at the moment. My phone doesn't get stuck so I don't turn it off.

warrior21

Reaction score
Usually once a week

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gmack35

Reaction score
only shut mine down when it get slow or it has a problem, like a false low battery warning. mine has been on now since i got the 2.1 OTA. 256:50:10 runtime. i think my record has been close to 600 hours runtime.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I have this issue as well, it just randomly turns off maybe a time or two a day.

eshef

Reaction score
Me, too. Turn it off every night and back on in the morning. Why? Just 'cause :)

lockman

Reaction score
I've had the same happen to me a couple times, back before I got rom-flash happy. Could never get over 100 hours without it acting goofy. But now I reboot at least once a day.