How to turn off swype?

Bucketheadtwo

Reaction score
I was messing around on my phone and somehow turned on swype. How do I turn it off!?! It's annoying!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You should be able to go settings > language and keyboard and disablee it there. Experieence may be a little diff on a fascinate but it should be similar.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

locofocos

Reaction score
I believe this is how you do it. Find a text entry box, such as a text message screen. Tap and hold down on the text box, and a window should pop up. Then click on input method and you can choose your keyboard from there.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
When you're bored and have some spare time pull up the Swype keyboard again. If you press the key with the blue squiggle you can run through a tutorial.

You might decide you like Swype, or not. But it's there, so you might as well find out what it can do.

KEITH.MAX

Reaction score
When you're bored and have some spare time pull up the Swype keyboard again. If you press the key with the blue squiggle you can run through a tutorial.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

+1 Once you get the hang of it it is much better than a regular keyboard.

g.robinson

Reaction score
Oh thank you!!!!!

I believe this is how you do it. Find a text entry box, such as a text message screen. Tap and hold down on the text box, and a window should pop up. Then click on input method and you can choose your keyboard from there.

Geez....if you only knew how very mad I've been at this dang phone! :mad:
It's crazy how a simple double click? screw-up? or whatever I did to get the "SWYPE" keyboard..... royally screwed my (ENTIRE WEEKEND) & upto today when I FINALLY
found your post! I am soooo Thankful for YOU, whoever posted these simple steps to remove the junk!
I am FINALLY a Happy Camper again! :biggrin: THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_ banana:

btw: I feel totally like a loser getting THAT MAD at such a petty little thing!:p