How many are switching from GB to Liberty 2.0?

chefb

Reaction score
I'm reluctant to cast a vote.....for the fact that I don't have either......yet....I heard that liberty is for purchase is beta....well i won't download a buggy rom for free so.....well you know where I'm going with that. That being said gingerbread is tempting, but it feels to me like there is no turning back( there is that SBF BS......HEY could you use the SBf zip to get back via black hat btw). So I figure epic blue Feels good on liberty 1.5 now maybe ill wait till they release 2.0 to the people check it out. ....and decide.

dmichelr

Reaction score
no turning back from gb.... embracing the future, already seeing themes being released and I'm sure roms will follow soon

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
I'm a Liberty Junkie, but there are too many good qualities of GB that I can't pass up. 64 hours of straight uptime since flashing it, instead of the 5-6 hours max I was getting between reboots before.

The best feature though is the pop-up that has preset text messages you can choose to send automatically when you ignore a phone call.

SGT DX

Reaction score
So after reading some these latest posts, I guess I'm going against the gain here when I say that, as soon as I got the opportunity to spend a little time fooling around, I immediately switched from gb to liberty 2.0. Gb had some great features and, admittedly, was faster than I expected. However, I was having a few issues with it. I.e. when the screen would close, it wouldn't save some of my settings, such as overclock, alarm, and other menial things that all add up to be a major annoyance. Did I get a bad dl? I don't know or care. What I do know is that liberty 1.5 was out-freaking-standing, and I am more than willing to donate for the opportunity to test drive 2.0. With that being said, if it doesn't work out, ill send my bug reports, flash back to 1.5 and wait for the full release. When team liberty releases for gb, I'll try again, but until then, I think I'll stick with what I know...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
I'm a Liberty Junkie, but there are too many good qualities of GB that I can't pass up. 64 hours of straight uptime since flashing it, instead of the 5-6 hours max I was getting between reboots before.

The best feature though is the pop-up that has preset text messages you can choose to send automatically when you ignore a phone call.

Text messing declined calls was in the 2.2.1 stock as well. It just wasn't on by default. Just fyi.

belanova

Reaction score
Liberty Sucks compared to Gingerbread!
why pay for liberty when gingerbread is our future

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
Well, I for one am looking forward to the having best of both worlds at some point.

So I'm hoping enough folks feel generous and keep bribing jrummy with cash to encourage him to keep up the excellent work he's done so far. That way, when he decides he's ready to jump in and work hard on bringing us Liberty 3.0, it'll be a blur-less, lightning fast, Gingerbread based ROM. I'm not sure how much bloat blur really adds to GB, but Ginger-Blur still reminds me of a beast in fine clothing. The outside is a bit more presentable, but it's a mess once you look a little deeper. I can't wait until we see blur-less ROMs for GB, and given the quality of work done with froyo-based Liberty, I'm sure we'll see an excellent Liberty build for GB too, eventually.

So, even though I'm currently sticking to mostly stock GB for now, I'll keep up supporting and cheering on the Liberty development team as best I can.
Liberty 2.0 seems quite nice, but I'm just a little tired of flashing my phone every other night for the latest and greatest tweak, so I think I'll sit on making yet another major switch for a bit. It's not that I'm not curious to see the improvements made by going from 1.5 to 2.0 for myself, It's just that I think I should give stock GB the same chance to grow on me that I gave stock Froyo: At least one month. By then I can truly decide if I'm happy or not with what I'm running, and there should be enough users on both camps to be able to have a relatively objective choice of the benefits and flaws of each.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't tried Liberty 2.0 yet, but I've had no cause for complaint with GB. It's fast, even the boot animation is blazing. I'm satisfied for now, though I loved Liberty 1.0 and 1.5. It takes some work to go back so for now I'm sticking with GB but I'm hoping those who do go to Liberty 2.0 get a damn good rom from a group of amazing developers, they haven't disappointed in that area yet.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Gingerbread sucks all it does is slow down and crash most that download it. After 8 wipes and 8 battery pulls it still lagged and didn't work. Liberty works great is fast and the only thing I've found wrong is my smart keyboard wont pop up when I set it. Android one does

SGT DX

Reaction score
Gingerbread sucks all it does is slow down and crash most that download it. After 8 wipes and 8 battery pulls it still lagged and didn't work. Liberty works great is fast and the only thing I've found wrong is my smart keyboard wont pop up when I set it. Android one does

I dont know about all that. Dont get me wrong, I'm a huge liberty fan, and I admit (see my previous post) that the first time I flashed gb I had some trouble, but not nearly as much when I flashed 2.0. With that being said, I really like gb, but I'll probably go back to liberty 1.5 until they work the kinks out of 2.0
BTW, is anyone else tracking kejar distancing himself from liberty? Details?

Sent from my DROIDX

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I've not had any major problems out of 2.0 but I tried gb twice and it effed my system up big time. I like 2.0 just wish smart keyboard worked

9wire

Reaction score
I loved 1.5, but zero issues with deodexed rooted GB, excellent battery life, no reboots, everything works.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Lib 2.0 Is simply FRICKIN amazing and GB has this ANNOYING Wifi (at least for me) that I cannot seem to get rid of..Lib2.0 is where its's ass w/NO ISSUES at all(again, at least for me):)

destin246

Reaction score
Same here used to get reboots all the time no I never get reboots!

Sent from my Gingerbread DROID2 using DroidForums

Goldwinger

Reaction score
Liberty Sucks compared to Gingerbread!
why pay for liberty when gingerbread is our future

I did the GB thing, both unrooted and rooted then rooted deodex. I'm now with Liberty 2.0 and waiting for a Liberty 3.0 with GB.

No matter what I did, I had these random lock ups on GB and I've got to have my phone work all the time. Liberty gives me that plus good battery life and good speed. Don't get me wrong, I'm drooling waiting on GB Liberty and I've got to tell you, Liberty does not suck. I question your abilities you say that it does

I have no doubts that the Devs will have a nice Liberty ROM before too long and it will be great. The only thing I'm wondering is who will have it first, Liberty or DarkSlide, both are great ROMS and the guys do a great job on both.

Liberty sucks??? That's ok, your mom will give you your allowance soon and you too can have Liberty. $5 is reasonable for the work they do and the Toolbox is a cool tool to have.

You don't like it or you can't afford it or you don't like paying for something, that's ok, but it doesn't mean something sucks, well maybe your attitude. Get a grip. :icon_ banana: