How many are switching from GB to Liberty 2.0?

Reaction score
The same guy that made the rageagainstthecage.bin root exploit still has an exploit to gain root that he hasn't released and it works for gingerbread, he is waiting until more devices running stock/ota gingerbread are in the wild.

That's wonderful news! Let's hope it does end up working for Droid 2/X Gingerbread.

endlesstony

Reaction score
Switched from liberty to rooted GB. I love my liberty, but they apparently finally fixed my wifi issues in GB, so my wifi works when I'm at work now since I switched. Hate to say it, but it's a dealbreaker for me; bye-bye, my beloved liberty =(

guest00459

Reaction score
I will switch because Im a curious george. I have to SBF back to a rooted GB anyway so might as well see what jrummy16 has in store!

B

Brotherjay72

Reaction score
I love Liberty and the guys that put the hard work in, but I haven't had a single FC or reboot since getting GB !! So I'm gonna wait for a GB ROM

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

t3lancer2007

Reaction score
I love Liberty and the guys that put the hard work in, but I haven't had a single FC or reboot since getting GB !! So I'm gonna wait for a GB ROM

QFT

The next ROM I'll switch to will be based off of Gingerbread. This current 2.3.3 build of Gingerbread is incredibly fast.

mcp770

Reaction score

QFT

The next ROM I'll switch to will be based off of Gingerbread. This current 2.3.3 build of Gingerbread is incredibly fast.

I agree completely. GB has been phenomenal.

shizumie

Reaction score
Im lovin lib 2.0 beta thus far. I will prob wait till therevis some liberation for gb. ;)

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

mikex

Reaction score
Been reading through the forum, it seems that 2.0 is coming up a little short compared to the rooted GB. For me, all the childish lies told to build up hype by some close to the situation turned me off before it was released. And, now I haven't read or seen anything that is really new-just a few fixes and tweaks it seems, but new bugs have arisen. So, I'm moving on to GB.

Reaction score
And, now I haven't read or seen anything that is really new-just a few fixes and tweaks it seems, but new bugs have arisen.

The fixes and tweaks are exactly what we're all looking for from Liberty. And remember that Liberty 2.0 hasn't actually been released yet. By rolling out an almost-public release candidate first, they will hopefully be able to identify and eliminate most if not all of the bugs by the final release.

After that, they're going to start working on Gingerlibertybread, which is going to be one of the greatest things since gingerbread cookies...

jrshelton13

Reaction score
idk, but theres probably reasons why the devs who rooted and got Gingerbread DeOdex stated that if anyone who wants to keep Root on gingerbread, should not OTA.....

Probably because once you OTA, you may not be able to SBF back to a previous version... and seeing as how they haven't been able to gain root on Gingerbread while already on Gingerbread, that may mean you'll never be able to gain root, ever. That doesn't mean they won't be able to preroot it in the same way as they did the leak, and release that as a flashable ZIP.

you've just answered ur own question..and the questions of many who thought they were gonna have root after they've OTA'd

(Sent From a Rooted GB_DROID X)

I think its too early to tell. I think its pretty naive to say that we would NEVER have root for GB. I'm sure people said the same about froyo too! I am saying this out of no personal experience, but if you look back at when they first released the leak and how long it took to get that rooted, it was less than a day are so. I would be willing to bet the OTA will have root within a few days of its release!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bink1r

Reaction score
How do you get back to 2.2? Am I missing the links? I was impatient and flashed (rooted) GB. Ever since Liberty 2.0 dropped, I've been trying to get back to froyo with no avail.

I've tried to flash the SBF file through RSD lite but when I finally get it to recognize the device, the start button is ghosted.

People on this forum make it sound like it's as simple as flashing a rom, but I'm completely lost.

Can anyone help me with this?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

rolandct

Reaction score
I have to say after using rooted gb and liberty 2 i would stick with gb unless you need some feature only liberty offers you. Performance wise gb is faster. Having said that I do not regret purchasing the donated toolbox. Looking forward to Gb liberty, until them I think it os back to leak.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

marcfogel

Reaction score
I have to say after using rooted gb and liberty 2 i would stick with gb unless you need some feature only liberty offers you. Performance wise gb is faster. Having said that I do not regret purchasing the donated toolbox. Looking forward to Gb liberty, until them I think it os back to leak.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I agree. I purchased the donated Toolbox as well. Installed ran for a few hours and went back to deodexed gb. I am surprised with all the bloat that it is faster. looking forward to some GB ROMS