How many are switching from GB to Liberty 2.0?

spicoli1980

Reaction score
I am and have been a big fan of liberty, but I had to take the plunge and check out gb, holy shh I am really digging it.

On liberty I would go to work (12 hours) when I got home I would have to charge it, today first full day with gb I got home with 68% left. I am not sure how but its true and oc'd to lv 1.2mhz. Simply amazing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mwaters33

Reaction score
I'm using gb to learn how to use adb, I deodexed myself (with xUltimate of course) and am trying to get the init scripts from Liberty to run on gb. But I'm sure that I'll be back to 2.2 as soon as Liberty releases

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I'm waiting for 2.0. I'm not really into the whole leaked stuff. I rather wait for the OTA.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
As of now, the OTA GringerBread is gonna be unrootable. "if you want to keep root on GingerBread don't OTA"...thats what I've read

(Sent From a Rooted GB_DROID X)

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
The OTA is the official release of an update, so no it won't be rooted. Or pre-rooted like the leaked gingerbread.....

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
The OTA is the official release of an update, so no it won't be rooted. Or pre-rooted like the leaked gingerbread.....

Presumably it could be rooted in the same fashion, and made into a flashable ZIP.

idk, but theres probably reasons why the devs who rooted and got Gingerbread DeOdex stated that if anyone who wants to keep Root on gingerbread, should not OTA.....

Reaction score
idk, but theres probably reasons why the devs who rooted and got Gingerbread DeOdex stated that if anyone who wants to keep Root on gingerbread, should not OTA.....

Probably because once you OTA, you may not be able to SBF back to a previous version... and seeing as how they haven't been able to gain root on Gingerbread while already on Gingerbread, that may mean you'll never be able to gain root, ever. That doesn't mean they won't be able to preroot it in the same way as they did the leak, and release that as a flashable ZIP.

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score

Probably because once you OTA, you may not be able to SBF back to a previous version... and seeing as how they haven't been able to gain root on Gingerbread while already on Gingerbread, that may mean you'll never be able to gain root, ever. That doesn't mean they won't be able to preroot it in the same way as they did the leak, and release that as a flashable ZIP.

you've just answered ur own question..and the questions of many who thought they were gonna have root after they've OTA'd

ahC_hED

Reaction score
The same guy that made the rageagainstthecage.bin root exploit still has an exploit to gain root that he hasn't released and it works for gingerbread, he is waiting until more devices running stock/ota gingerbread are in the wild.

Sent from my DROID2 of shame.