How many are switching from GB to Liberty 2.0?

epsilonbass

Reaction score
I quickly switched back from unrooted gingerbread after my battery plummeted quickly (50% less than before). But after the rooted gb came out, I'm now giving that a try. I used root explorer to .bak a bunch of space wasters so I'm going to float on this for a couple days and see how that does. But baring anything incredible happening I'm most likely gonna go back to liberty (pending I can get a blue gingerbread theme, not one for the honeycomb wifi, service, batt icons I've been seeing in the preview shots)

Edit: And if it's any indication, despite the fact I flashed rootedGB late last night, I've been glued to the LibDX forum and twitter all day. So gingerbread probably won't last very long haha.

Last edited:

mikex

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what the new Liberty is all about. But, honestly, I'm about ready to flash GB and not look back because of all the bs hype put out by sources "close to the situation".

shizumie

Reaction score
Im going to have to wait for lib. I read (on hear) and have ben told gb is amazing, but i love lib. I will more than likely wait for gb ota and a liberty gb rom.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Vismal

Reaction score
When I first flashed gingerbread I thought I would be using it until a GB liberty came out. After two days I think I will flash liberty 2.0 the second it drops... lol. Motoblur is better but it still sucks. People are raving over the motoblur improvements, IMO it went from an F to a D. Is that better, sure, is it good, I think not. I miss the liberty tool box, I hate the way blur displays text message conversations, but most of all, I need themes! Why don't phone companies understand this. Windows has had themes since windows 98 right? People like their stuff to look different then everyone else's stuff, this is not a new idea! If I wanted my phone to be just like everyone else's I would own an Iphone. My battery life has also been absolutely horrid on GB. I am needing to plug in after like 8 hours of moderate use. On 1.5 I could use my phone all day then take it to work for a 12 hour night shift and use the phone quite a bit there, take it home and still have 30-40% left. I'm sure liberty will eventually make it's way to GB. Possibly the OTA version of GB which I'm thinking will launch sooner then later. I'll probably sbf soon so I'm ready for liberty!

majorcovert

Reaction score
I just replaced my DX. So instead of putting loading Liberty 1.5 back on it on it I decided to tinker with GB, but somethings I miss that an AOSP rom can provide. So once the next Liberty comes out I'll go back

Reaction score
I miss the liberty tool box, I hate the way blur displays text message conversations, but most of all, I need themes! Why don't phone companies understand this. Windows has had themes since windows 98 right? People like their stuff to look different then everyone else's stuff, this is not a new idea! If I wanted my phone to be just like everyone else's I would own an Iphone.

In theory, there's nothing stopping anyone from making themes for (or porting themes over to) stock Gingerbread (or stock Froyo, for that matter), now that it has been rooted. I guess there just isn't enough interest.

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
Personally, I think I may stick with GB for now, as it feels just as snappy as Liberty 1.5. At least, until I get well and truly sick of blur. (Hopefully there'll be a lightning fast, blurless, GB based Liberty ROM to switch to by that time?)

There are a few things that work well for me on this leak, such as app tray categories. I used to use ADW launcher partly for that, but I like GB's implementation a bit better.

Some others, like profiles, only work because I can pick a blank one and configure my screens the way I want them, without having to remove all widgets and shortcuts one by one. (Now, if someone could just show me how to delete entire profiles to get rid of the stock screen setup all at once I'll be greatful...)

Ont the other hand, there is the new blur. It is a little better, at least until you try to use it. I hate the 3D flip animations they seem to have added to everything. The rest of the OS is pretty snappy, but it feels like swimming in molasses when you try to use the social widget, for example. I used to like to social widget in froyo, at least until I installed Liberty and got used to using tweetdeck, but this feels like a pointless new feature that can't be turned off anywhere.

mcp770

Reaction score
I'm not going to drop gb until roms start coming out based on it. Custom roms were almost a necessity on previous blur but gb is snappy as hell for me with launcher pro and my battery is every bit as good as liberty and rubix with sysctl tweaks and oc. No offense to any dev but "to me" roms have felt like new variations of the same old thing for months and I dont see how anything more based on 340 will be any different. Looking forward to seeing what 2.3.3 liberty and rubix have in store for us but other than that I'm happy with the update.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for Liberty's new release BEFORE I consider the rooted GB leak. I figure if nothing else it gives time to see what all problems there are with this leak.

Nmayar

Reaction score
I agree I am going to stick with the LB 1.5 until the update.

Sent from my Liberated DroidX

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Problem I have seen with "leaks" is they end up being some test version and not the real "final RC" so to speak....

COME ON TEAM LIBERTY....SAVE ME from my vices please.....

Mars

Reaction score
so is liberty 2.0 a variation of GB or still Froyo?