How many actually got the OTA?

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I forgot all about it after looking foward to it for so long. But after the last rumor of when it was coming and waiting, I just put it out of my mind.

Turned on Droid this morning and there it was! Nice little Easter suprise.
Still don't know all that it can do now. Will have to check forum to see what the update actually includes.

BTW, got Droid in Dec in the Boston MA area.

Kolaz

Reaction score
My buddy got his 2 days ago and I still haven't got mine. Anyone know if there is a method to any of this madness?

jasonb

Reaction score
My dad texted me today and said he got it on his droid.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My buddy got his 2 days ago and I still haven't got mine. Anyone know if there is a method to any of this madness?

No logic or pattern at all. Most of us have been waiting months. However, I read a post this morning where a guy bought his Droid at 3 PM on Friday and got the OTA at 9 PM that night. It's completely random.

biggrizzly

Reaction score
I got mine last night sometime. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw the update dialog screen. Half asleep, I accepted and went back to sleep. Woke up Easter morning to a new Droid.

imgrtful

Reaction score
got mine!checked this morning and it was there.it says i have firmware version 2.1-update 1.does that mean there are more to come?

JLB09

Reaction score
Haven't gotten mine yet. I'm mystified as to how some people can do the check for updates and get it and yet I'm checking furiously and am still seeing "Your system is currently up to date."

I was mystified about that too as I checked several times the days before I got it on Saturday. I probably would have gotten a notice, I think I just happened to check about the same time my phone got the update.

MattPyle

Reaction score
Wifes : early Saturday morning.
Mine: about 10:00 am Easter

Wife's: early Saturday morning.

Mine: Still waiting.

This is creating significant marital tension.

Same here. She got hers yesterday morning and I'm still waiting on mine. Oh well not like there's a huge difference with the 2.1

Bought our phones the exact same day and everything.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have yet to get the update. does it just show up in the list of updates where your apps are or is there something else I should be looking for.

No it shows up as a box and gives you the option to install now or later. Kind of looks like a FC box. You'll know it when you see it, trust me. :D

hanzie

Reaction score
just checked and mines available, will wait till morning to actually install it.

dropseys

Reaction score
My wife got hers Easter Sunday at 3:30 am and her phone is a week old. I got mine at 7:30 and my phone is 4 months old. No rhyme or reason.

Tree Toad

Reaction score
It was there and waiting for me Easter morning. Havent had time to find out what differences there are if any.