How low is my signal strength? -104dBm

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like a phone problem to me either. It sounds like the building. I can see the same thing at many malls. I can have 3 bars and then walk 20 feet and have no signal. At the local Lowes, it depends in which aisle I am in and what types of products are in those aisles. If 3 phones did the same thing then it is not likely the phones.

Isn't that a stinker? All the advances in the technology and they still have issues getting signals into some buildings. I wonder if LTE will have better luck.

jtallen123

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like a phone problem to me either. It sounds like the building. I can see the same thing at many malls. I can have 3 bars and then walk 20 feet and have no signal. At the local Lowes, it depends in which aisle I am in and what types of products are in those aisles. If 3 phones did the same thing then it is not likely the phones.

Isn't that a stinker? All the advances in the technology and they still have issues getting signals into some buildings. I wonder if LTE will have better luck.

Maybe, but doubt that the issue is ever going to dissapear. The most severe cases tend to happen in buildings that are big metal cages.

Faraday cage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some building designs will cause more reception problems then others, but I doubt that cell phone reception is ever something architects think of in most cases.

Benton

Reaction score
To get the signal go to Settings then About Phone then Status. Read the signal strength from the 8th item down.

ivan_411

Reaction score
Are you guys who have above -90dbm able to send picture messages? I stay at around -95 when I'm in my room and am not able to send picture messages. I can receive them fine, but cannot send them.